DSL 0.5.2

quint

New for 0.5.2: * mkisofs * cdrecord * bashburn (easy to use text mode CD burning utility) * gTuxnes (interactive gui for tuxnes) * smbclient * smbtree * a working /opt that is writable from the CD * midnight commander (many features stripped) * skel now works for root when installeddamnsmall.pngcurrent md5sum:9c49be756e58f600a4e7859b47ba6f42 damnsmall-0.5.2.iso(When last I checked, this was the only available d/l site...it is slow!)

Great Quint ! the 5.2 . . . . . . and you are right on all the other mirrors they show the checksum but not yet the ISO´s . . . . I´m waiting for my "nluug" to have them, don´t like the slow download the other site is giving me ;):w00t: Bruno

sloww...will wait for Nlugg too...What is it here lately..everyone want to copy turbolinux and their speedy d/l speeds <_<Ok I couldn't wait..it's downloading :w00t:

Thanks, Quint. Amazing how they keep adding more features to it. My download speed has bounced between 50 KB/s and 130 kb/s, once even went as low as 20 KB/s, but at least it's a small file (for an ISO, that is :D )

LOL . . it only took me 4 hours to get the file . .  B)  B)  . . . ;) Bruno
I just finished downloading the iso, had 52 kb/s the whole time. I started it and made a pot of coffee and it was done. B)

does this version have the toram cheat?
Sure it has Adam !! ( Is even needed if you want to use the cd-burning software ):blink: Bruno

LOL . . it only took me 4 hours to get the file . .  :P  ;)  . . .
There must be a picture of you beside persistence in the dictionary, Bruno! :P Here's something neat to try for your next ISO. I found out the md5sum file format so you can take a line like,
9c49be756e58f600a4e7859b47ba6f42 damnsmall-0.5.2.iso
and make it into a md5sum check file. The trick is that there has to be two spaces between the sum and the filename instead of only one above so it ends up looking like this:
9c49b9c49be756e58f600a4e7859b47ba6f42 damnsmall-0.5.2.iso
Paste it into an editor, and save it as a new filename, I suggest just putting the distro name followed by .md5sum but it doesn't matter. Then, like Bruno, has in his tips, you can have the computer compare it with the iso instead of you:md5sum -c damnsmall-0.5.2.md5sum

My pleasure, Bruno. I'm lazy enough that I'm always trying to look for a shortcut (that probably takes more work to find in the first place). B)

LOL . . it only took me 4 hours to get the file . .  :thumbsup:  :w00t:  . . . B) Bruno
Well it took me the same time to get the file on dial up but of course a few days later than you guys. :) Anyway works great even has built in support for dialup wvdial couldn't get it configured yesterday will try again today.One question though noticed mnt.app and on right hand side of screen that I can scroll through for different partitions.How do I access partitions see them there but can't figure out how to access data on them?

Hi JodefYou first use mount-app to mount the partition ( the little led has to be green as it is mounted ) Then you open a terminal ( Menu --> XShells --> Rxvt ) and simply cd to /mnt/hda? :thumbsup: Bruno