Sync is unsync ??

longgone

I have been getting this error for the past several days, "Sync encountered an errot while syncing: Unknown error", Sync will automatically retry this action" and then there is a "radio button" with the words "Sync Now" on it. Well after clicking on the button numerous times, it is still there and nothing has happened. I have done .. tools > options > manage account > reset sync > to the "recommended" setting but I still get the error result (It appears across the bottom of the display), any suggestions what the cause/solution for this is?

V.T. Eric Layton

Are we talking Firefox Sync here, Dale? If so, did it ever work? Did you set up an account with FF Sync? You can go to Edit --> Preferences --> Sync to check on those details.

Yes, it did work at one time, think though I should have posted this in the Windows forum since that is the OS that is giving me the fits on this problem. The only immediate thing I can think of is to fire up the laptop and see what is up on it, might just need to get the two back in sync with each other.

V.T. Eric Layton

Ah... well, I can oblige you by moving this baby right on over the the ATW area. :)And POOF! Here we are. :devil:

Speedy little devil you are,,, but I do believe I have cured the ailment. I just reset my sync key, of course now I will have to make the changes on the laptop but that will be just a click or two and it is done.

V.T. Eric Layton

Yeah... I had a few issues to work out with FF Sync when I first ran it. I was synching 4 Firefoxes across three systems. Works good now, though. :)

Well so far it seems to have been fixed (on the main box), now if only I could figure out the wireless for the Linux side, someday, it will happen.

Well so far it seems to have been fixed (on the main box), now if only I could figure out the wireless for the Linux side, someday, it will happen.
Do you have a topic started about the Linux wireless side?Wireless in Linux is fun nowadays, by comparison to a few years ago.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I did have a thread about it, but it was quite a while back, but I never did get it to fly. The best I could come up with is something to do with DKMS (????). I do have a mini disk that came with the USB Plug in device, what I need to figure out is how to open it up in Linux to install the Linux info that is on it.