Need help with batch file

metho

i have a problem i have 20 (or more) user accounts, i would like to change their passwords with the following command, net user account1 NEWPASSWORDi need to create a slient batch file and execute it on number of machines i.e. running one command (net user) on various accounts listed in a text file.i dont want to do the following for each account name.net user account1 NEWPASSWORDnet user account 2 NEWPASSWORDThere has to be a better way to achieve the task, i mean i want something that would scan all the accounts and if a matching account exists on a machine it would change it. i was reading about 'for' (loop) command, tried various methods without any luck. guys any sort of help would be great. thanks

Edited by metho

Windows XP SP3
:devil: this should have worked
for /f %%A in (acct.lst) do call :process %%A:processnet user %1 | find "The user name could not be found"set LEGITUSER=%ERRORLEVEL%if {%LEGITUSER%}=={0} @echo net user %1 password

but the errorlevel returned is always 1 when run in a batch file, even though from the command line it returns 0/1 depending if found. :thumbsdown: