Weird distribution group issue

telecomguy9

telecomguy9

I have a user who receives e-mail sent to an Exchange 2007 e-mail distribution list, but she's not a member of that list. I have verified via the Exchange Management Shell that she is a member of one distribution list, which happens to be a mail enabled security group. The commands I used to verify this are:Get-DistributionGroup | where { (Get-DistributionGroupMember $_ | foreach {$_.name}) -contains "yourUserName" }Get-DistributionGroup | where { (Get-DistributionGroupMember $_ | foreach {$_.PrimarySmtpAddress}) -contains "yourUserPrimaryEmailAddress" } Any ideas as to why this could be happening?

Hello,Could a user who is on the distribution list have set up a rule to forward messages to the recipient?Regards,Aryeh Goretsky

Guest LilBambi

Does that person normally get a copy or used to get a copy of emails sent to someone on that distribution list?Sometimes people forget to check on those things when they change assistants, etc.

Sometimes people forget to check on those things when they change assistants, etc.
We have that problem here at work all the time. Often people stay on DLs long after they've left the department, the site, or even the company. It gets even more confusing if the old usernames are recycled.

telecomguy9

Thanks for all the replies everyone. The person who's receiving these e-mails (only occasionally, as I understand it) used to work for that division but moved to the division she's now working for months ago. She is now only a member of one DL and it has no link to the one she occasionally receives e-mail from.