OpenOffice vs. LibreOffice

DarkSerge

HelloJust curious, which do you think is better? LibreOffice or OpenOffice? I currently have OpenOffice. I know LibreOffice was branched from OpenOffice. Just curious what people think of the two compared.

I've run both and I'm currently running Libre Office, mostly because of my perception that this is the way that's going to be best supported going forward. There's not really a whole lot of difference between the two at this point.

I had heard the LibreOffice will be kept up on better than OpenOffice by the developers. Does it support all the same formats? (I would think so, but I figure it couldn't hurt to ask anyway. Right now, my documents are in open document format from openoffice.)

Does it support all the same formats? (I would think so, but I figure it couldn't hurt to ask anyway. Right now, my documents are in open document format from openoffice.)
Your OO docs will open just fine in LO. To be honest, once you get past the splash screen I really don't see any difference at all between the two. They work with the same formats, the look and feel is the same, they really are the same program at the moment.That said, it wouldn't surprise me if Office gurus could point out many small differences, but as an average user I haven't found even one.