NETGEAR usb wireless WN111

marcos9999

marcos9999

I have one of those devices. It works well, the only problem is that when the PC goes to sleep it does not find the router when it wakes up. Is that any setting I could change in the network settings which would take care of this problem. I found no use downloading the Netgear software. I have a Dell dual core 32 bit Windows Vista

Guest LilBambi

Reminds me of an old doctor patient joke ... "Doc, every time I drink my coffee, my eye hurts." ... "Take the spoon out of your coffee first." ;)The only way I have been able to get that action to stop happening, is to turn off suspend/hibernate/sleep and just allow the disks to go to sleep and the monitor.

I have always had problems with sleep and hibernate and shut them off long ago. If I'm walking away from my machine, I simply turn it off.That said, I have a TP-Link TL-MR3420 which ran a heck of a lot better after I did the firmware upgrade. Do you have the latest version installed?

Hello,I have had this occur on a number of computers with PCI, USB and Mini-PCIe adapters. Solution is to usually delete the device in the Device Manager (filename: DEVMGMT.MSC) and re-scan to let Windows reinstall it, reboot or, as ChipDoc noted, stop using hibernate and sleep.Regards,Aryeh Goretsky