Windows 2000

hewittfe

I am running Windows 2000 SP3 on a home built AMD750. Almost every time I turn on my computer, I get the following message:Files that are required for Windows to run properly have been replaced by unrecognized versions. To maintain system stability, Windows must restore the orginal versions of these files. Insert your Windows 2000 CD now.I have done this numerous times to no avail. Sometimes I just cancel through the message. Any ideas?

I am running Windows 2000 SP3 on a home built AMD750. Almost every time I turn on my computer, I get the following message:Files that are required for Windows to run properly have been replaced by unrecognized versions. To maintain system stability, Windows must restore the orginal versions of these files. Insert your Windows 2000 CD now.I have done this numerous times to no avail. Sometimes I just cancel through the message. Any ideas?
Did this start immediately after installing the service pack or did it start well after the install?

Guest ThunderRiver

You can try the commandsfc /PURGECACHE (Purges the file cache.)and thenreboot and see if the problem still shows upSFC exists in Windows 2000 for a reason, to promote system stability. So if you keep having problems, you might need to disable SFC in the registry.Thunder

• 3 weeks later...
Files that are required for Windows to run properly have been replaced by unrecognized versions. To maintain system stability, Windows must restore the orginal versions of these files. Insert your Windows 2000 CD now.I have done this numerous times to no avail. Sometimes I just cancel through the message. Any ideas?
Did you recently visit Windows update and download the DirectX 9.0 update? If you did this recently, go to the DirectX homepage at MS and download the complete version. Don't forget to reboot afterwards (even though they don't tell you to do so.So many people with 2K are having this problem with this update (including yours truely), that I am really assuming that this is what happened. ;)