Nero v10 Lite (freeware)

Tushman

Beware of installing the latest version of Nero v10 Lite which is available as on Nero's website. It is bundled with the Ask Bar toolbar and it is extremely intrusive. (Obnoxious is more like it).I did a custom install and unchecked the box where it asked me if I wanted to install the Ask Bar toolbar - despite this, it still installed itself! Nasty. I had to uninstall it from Firefox and also disable it within Internet Explorer Add-Ons menu. After I thought I had gotten rid of it, I found more traces of it. Just yesterday I was scheduling a task and in the schedule manager, I saw it had scheduled itself to look for updates every day. All this after I had explicitly told the installer NOT to install the toolbar. Crazy.In terms of Nero v10 Lite, it does perform very well (compared to the extremely bloated and inefficient versions of the past). However, since it is the "freeware" version it comes with a few limitations such as not being able to do multi-session burns.Alternatively, if you are looking for something that can do multi-session burns Ashampoo Burning Studio v6 is free and does not come with any crapware bundled with it. Actually, I might be mistaken about that. It's been a week or two since I installed it so I can't remember exactly. I think I unchecked the option to install a 3rd party app (maybe the Ask Bar tool again), but unchecking that option during the setup will definitely work.

To me, it seemed that nero realized that giving it a good quality freebie was not a way to generate revenues. I was less than pleased with 8 and 9, especially as they were big teases - showing the option but then saying "Hah! you have to purchase" when clicking the button.

There is a very nice and Freeware app called the Ask Toolbar Remover -- it works great and you can download it here:http://autoclean.computersitter.com/docume...toolbar-removerat the very bottom of the web page - click on DOWNLOAD ask toolbar remover
Very nice! Thank you for the link. Had I known about it sooner, I wouldn't have bothered to reimage my system.