Post your desktop

Tushman

It'd probably be tough to get utilities there. No electric, no phone, no internet... you know that might have its advantages!
It'd be worth it!

Have been currious for a while what the actual "desk" looked like with the 3 monitors. Have seen quite a few screenshots that put the image from all 3 together. Really cool!!!@Tushman - That is a beautiful desktop image. Like Eric said, seems like you could fall in. I'm one that changes his desktop image like others change clothes. :)Here is one of mine. :) Some of you on BATL have seen this before. :thumbsup: This was taken on my 02 deployment on board the USS George Washington. This is one of our aircraft VF-103 Jolly Rogers flying over Croatia.cb326.th.pngAll the best,Ian
Nice shot. Sailed with VF-11, VF-31, and VA-75. VF-84 was also a Jolly Roger squadron. So was VF-61. Was in from 1963 - 1985.

Richard,VF-103 was the Sluggers before they took over the helm as the Jolly Rogers from VF-84. It VF (now VFA-103) were to get decommisioned, another squadron would trade in it's current insignia for the Jolly Rogers. The Legend Of Jack Ernie if anyone cares to read it. :)All the best,Ian

Have been currious for a while what the actual "desk" looked like with the 3 monitors. Have seen quite a few screenshots that put the image from all 3 together. Really cool!!!@Tushman - That is a beautiful desktop image. Like Eric said, seems like you could fall in. I'm one that changes his desktop image like others change clothes. :)Here is one of mine. :hysterical: Some of you on BATL have seen this before. :hysterical: This was taken on my 02 deployment on board the USS George Washington. This is one of our aircraft VF-103 Jolly Rogers flying over Croatia.cb326.th.pngAll the best,Ian
I almost never change, mine, actually I never change it, I use Fluxbox or OpenBox, with no screenshot :)

V.T. Eric Layton

How can people stand to see the same thing every day? I change my wallpapers and themes at least once a week. ;)This week's Slackware:slack13xfceshot26.th.png

• 3 years later...
securitybreach

Here is my main machine, Cerberus::

Gigabyte GA-Z77MX-D3H LGA 1155 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

Intel Core i5-3450S @ 2.80GHz/Max CPU Freq 3.5ghz

Cooler Master RR-B10-212P-GP Hyper 212 Plus CPU Cooler - 120mm

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 24GB DDR3 1600MHz (PC3 1066)

XFX Double D FX-787A-CDFC Radeon HD 7870 2GB 256-Bit GDDR5

Fantom G-Force 2TB USB 2.0 / eSATA External Hard Drive

ViewSonic VX2453mh 24" LED Monitor @ 1920x1089

Acer H203H 20" LCD Monitor @ 1600x900

AOC 2236vw 22" LCD Monitor @ 1920x1080

Acer X203H 20" LCD Monitor @ 1600x900

Targus AKM11US 2.4 GHz Wireless Keyboard/Mouse

Cyber Acoustics CA-3602 Platinum Series 30W 2.1 Speaker System

Ultra LSP750 750w Power Supply

Samsung SH-S223L/BEBS DVDRW Internal Drive

NZXT Source 210 Elite case with 5x 120mm and 2x 140mm fans.

ArchLinux 64 Core -- i3

cuTyCiS.jpg

Un3uUMj.jpg

I know... a little dusty

• Like 1

Guest LilBambi

Looking good Josh! :thumbup:

NOTE: This topic is a perfect example of why using image sites like imgur.com is a very good idea. Images do not disappear downline.

V.T. Eric Layton

My real desktop doesn't change a whole lot. Still the same ol' dust bunnies under the desk, etc. Guy Fawkes occasionally changes hats. He's into the summertime look right now. ;)

stPeBam.jpg

• Like 2

V.T. Eric Layton

Yeah, I'm pretty neat... not a good housekeeper, though. The dust under my bed is far too out-of-control to call "bunnies;" more likely dinosaurs. ;)

Urmas, those are the ugliest d**n cushions in the continental US, but they were free and they're comfy! :)

• Like 2

Guest LilBambi

Yeah, I'm pretty neat... not a good housekeeper, though. The dust under my bed is far too out-of-control to call "bunnies;" more likely dinosaurs. ;)

Urmas, those are the ugliest d**n cushions in the continental US, but they were free and they're comfy! :)

With several cats in the house, that can happen in a matter of days. ;)

V.T. Eric Layton

Oh, I was only counting standard dust. Don't make me inventory the cat hair around here. I probably have fuzzy balls of it on my lung xrays. ;)

• Like 2

Those are very comfy cushions, just ask the cats!

Seriously, Eric's computer room is very organized. Mine, I wish.

• Like 2

Since we moved and have less room in the house (long story), Cami and I have been sharing her desk.

GgIPNPC.jpg

We each have our own areas, and I have minimized the amount of cables visible. The sharing seems to work well... :)

Adam

• Like 4

V.T. Eric Layton

I like that secretary desk. It reminds me of my dad's. I had to cut dad's up and get rid of it a few years ago. It had a bad termite infestation. :(

Since we moved and have less room in the house (long story), Cami and I have been sharing her desk.

GgIPNPC.jpg

We each have our own areas, and I have minimized the amount of cables visible. The sharing seems to work well... :)

Adam

You are a better man than I.

I cannot share my computer work area with anyone.

• Like 1

It works out pretty well. We both have Mac book Airs for our primary machines, and so we have one cord on the top center of the desk for whoever's laptop is not being used.

;)

Adam

• Like 1

securitybreach

Where the cigs, Zippo, and ashtray? You didn't quit smoking, did you?

I have been vaping since August 2013 and have not had an analog since. I build my own coils/wick and make my own juice. Here is my setup: Helios RDA on a Nemesis Mech Mod

You guys are so tidy. My gaff looks like a twister has been for a visit.

I personally clean up my desk and hide inappropriate things before taking a pic.

• Like 2

The left side is much more colorful. That must be her side.

Her stuff is on the left AND the right. :-/

Adam

• Like 2