Word spellcheck settings

telecomguy9

telecomguy9

Here's the deal. Someone is having issues with Word documents where spellchecking the document will come up with some errors, but others are ignored. I know how to change that setting for a single document, but what I want to know is if there is a way to change that setting for every document that is opened in her Word program. Right now if she opens a document she selects all, clicks Review, clicks Set Language, and completely clears the checkbox labeled "Do not check spelling or grammar." Is there a way to make this the default for all documents including ones already created?

Here's the deal. Someone is having issues with Word documents where spellchecking the document will come up with some errors, but others are ignored. I know how to change that setting for a single document, but what I want to know is if there is a way to change that setting for every document that is opened in her Word program. Right now if she opens a document she selects all, clicks Review, clicks Set Language, and completely clears the checkbox labeled "Do not check spelling or grammar." Is there a way to make this the default for all documents including ones already created?
telecomguy9, what typs of "errors" are we talking about here? If they're grammatical changes or specific industry jargon, you can add those particular exceptions to her current dictionary on a one-by-one basis. The next time Word runs across that word (or words) again in another document, it will know to ignore them as long as you add them to her personal dictionary.However, if you're talking about spelling differences like: "analog" vs. "analogue". (US based spelling vs. UK respectively), then you can change the language setting preferences through the program.Also please post the version you're referring to. Edited by Tushman

telecomguy9

Sorry for the delay folks. The version of Word is 2007. The types of spelling errors are obvious ones and are not the type that are in the autocorrect dictionary (or whatever that's called). It's really weird what's going on, but apparently it's possible to mark a word, a sentence, a paragraph, etc. to be skipped when spellcheck is run on the document or when the document is opened up. What I'd like to do is set her Word program so that every document she opens has the standard, basic default spellcheck settings where everything is checked in the entire document upon it being opened and also as things are being typed. Does that make sense?