video cards for tv output

crp

I have the following nVidea geforce options to use for outputting MPEG4 and DivX from a dvi output to hdmi on my TV. TV max resolution is 1920x1080 (pc monitor as well).

• 8400 GS with 512 RAM
  • 7900 GT with 1Gig RAM

which would be the better choice for my purpose?

I have the following nVidea geforce options to use for outputting MPEG4 and DivX from a dvi output to hdmi on my TV. TV max resolution is 1920x1080 (pc monitor as well).
  • 8400 GS with 512 RAM
  • 7900 GT with 1Gig RAM

which would be the better choice for my purpose?

Unless you're planning on gaming on the HDTV, go with the 7900 GT.

Unless you're planning on gaming on the HDTV, go with the 7900 GT.
bummer o:) the 7900GT kept on giving my win7 a BSOD (sometimes afterlogging in) and win7 could not figure out what the problem was.the 8400GS is in, but i found a good price on a geforce 210 with 1G. hopefully will be able to try it by the weekend.

• 3 weeks later...

:-(The 210 did not work out. The hookup (DVI-HDMI) had the monitor just simply blanking out after a random amount of few minutes. Win7 recognized that there was a problem but could not come up with a solution and drivers from Asus and nVidea were of no help. <sigh> out 10 bucks.have a 9500 with 1G coming in, see how that goes.

Sorry it didn't work. At least it was cheap - a lot of MY lessons have cost me WAY more than ten bucks! ;)
well hopefully it is just $10. I got an RMA from Directron. (btw: what the heck happened with them? bad, bad, bad)