How to - Layers Photoshop CS5

kamicota

Hi all Am :sorcerer: trying to find video tutorials on working with Photoshop Layers.BUT Specifically referring to having a jpeg picture as the background layer and having another one where the opacity allows the background picture to show through while retaining some of the foreground layer in a finished picture alsoI may not have explained this correctly afyer a few ohous of searching and looking at tutorialsIf anyone can point me on the right direction I would truly appreciate itCheers for yearsColin :thumbsup:

Edited by kamicota

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks ChipI :"> :"> :"> TOO have been busy elsewhere and this is the first time I have been back for a couple of weeksWill look at them and see if there are any that I can use both on the computer and my 7" MP3/MP4/MP5 Player - So a comfortable chair can be usedCheers for YearsColin :whistling:

• 2 weeks later...

Open the 2 pictures. Use the pointer/drag tool to drag the 'top' picture to the 'background' picture.In Layers, select Layer 1 to edit the 'top' picture. Use Opacity and/or Fill sliders or right-click layer and select Blending Options (Blend Mode) to get the effect you want. If you want to remove part of the 'top' picture, use any of the eraser tools or the Extract tool i Filters.

:thumbsup: b2cm (PLEASE excuse the delay - Easter/Family/Unexpected Garden winter upheavals have held the attention for at least 2weeks)That is so simple - MOI tried dragging and dropping/Copy/Paste - OBVIOUSLY :( with NO resultsNow you have pointed the way PLUS have just found a .pdf for photoshop ALL about layers.SO we will see where all this takes usCheers for yearsColin :( :rolleyes: