Let's Play Freud

Guest Paracelsus

Guest Paracelsus

Admit It!!! You... Yes!, YOU!! :o I know you're reading this, so be honest. You have recurring dreams when you're under a lot of stress... Every bit as much as I do. :D Open the closet and drag them out for the rest of us to laugh :D , er.... analyze.OK... I'll start. Actually I have nearly a half dozen that seem to take turns, but this one has been especially common recently."Scenario"...It's my Junior year as an undergrad. Policies changed the previous year so that certain required courses for my degree will only be offered every other year. As a result... I'm taking 24 credits instead of the usual 16.It's the week before finals and the Director of the Natural Science Dept. calls me in to tell me that Dr. Danziger has informed him that I never attended any lecture or lab for one of the classes for which I was registered :o (I don't remember signing up for that class!! :D ) This course will not be offered the following year. :'( Whatthehellamigonnado??? :'( :wacko: :D ....(I wake up in a cold sweat. OTG....It was just that dream again!) ;) ;)

The only recurring dream I have had is where I am walking down the middle of the main street in our city. The street is lined with people like it was a parade. But I am the only one walking down the middle of the street.....and I am completely naked. And the crowd is throwing sliced pickles, cut length wise so they are long, and mashed potatos at me. This goes on for blocks and blocks and blocks. And for some reason I do nut run. I am just calmly walking through this enormous crowd of pickle and mashed potato throwing people. Then the way the crowd is positioned I am forced to turn left. And when I do turn, instead of pickles and mashed potatos the crowd now has these giant two liter looking bottles, only twice the normal size, filled with Red Cream Soda and are shaking them up and spraying me with them. After a couple blocks of this constant spraying of Red Cream Soda, I am guided by the never ending crowd into a undeground parking garage that is filled neck high with Jello chocolate pudding. And in the middle of the undergound parking garage filled with Jello chocolate pudding is Bill Cosby in one those giant floating swimming pool lounge chairs. He makes one of those famous Bill Cosby silly faces and takes his hand and gets a giant handfull of the pudding and crams it in his mouth and gets it all over his face and says "mmmm, mmmm, good". I always wake up at this point. I have had this dream so many times that now when I have the dream I even say to myself, in the dream, "cool this dream again".I have never had the courage to analyze it myself, but you all are more than welcome to try.

The only dream I ever really have that is recurring, is my "multiple tornados" dream.The location varies, but the whole idea is that I have a tornado warning in the location I am in, then we get a close call. Then we go out side and find something close to a dozen other tornados heading our way. At this point, the dream usually ends, or I just force myself awake.It comes and goes.....

Guest Paracelsus

Stryder-dude!!!...We must have been twins in a previous life. :huh: That's soooooooo much like one of my others... it's scary :lol: :thumbsup:Ross549... Must be all that Navy Training! :P "Buck-up, Swabbie!!!"... It's only a dream!!So... This this phenomenon truly uncommon???...Or are we the only only three honest folks so far??? :lol: ;) ;)

nlinecomputers

It is strange to read other people's dreams. I do not dream. I might have a dream that I can recall about once a year and that is it. I'm sure I dream as the lack of REM sleep is not very healthy but I guess I'm not a note worthy dreamer. :)

Ross549... Must be all that Navy Training! :)  "Buck-up, Swabbie!!!"... It's only a dream!!
Paracelsus- I think we can safely nominate you for "Most smilies per post" award at the proposed SFNL Forums awards...Yep, I took the time to count them- 11....... are you on some sort of caffeine rush?? :) My dream has been recurring for over a decade. Usually, it occurs about once every three months. It has its variations, but is normally centered arounds those plucky tornados.

I also have the tornado dreams. They are usually that I'm driving on a country road and see a few of them in the distance, kind of like the scene in Twister. They never get real close so I'm never in any danger. Guess that means that I'd like to be a stormchaser, hmmm?But...that all changed when I could see the last tornado that went thru my town in May. I also hate spiders. I don't have these often but sometimes if I have a bad experience with a spider/tarantula on TV or something then I'll have a nightmare within the next couple nights. Bad stuff. Return of the King, with Shelob, is going to rock my world.I've also frequently had atomic bomb dreams. See the explosion in the distance and watch the shock wave get closer and closer 'til it hits and I wake up.

Guest LilBambi

I rarely remember my dreams either Nathan. As is normal for me, I have always said I could sleep through a hurricane ... and I have actually slept through at least one hurricane. Nothing generally wakes me.By the time I go to sleep at night, I usually hit the pillow and then it's morning. What happens in between is usually like a light switching off and then on again in the morning. I would blame this on coffee too Stonegiant, except that it has been going on since I was a child and I never drank coffee till I was past 30 years old.However, I have had a few over the years that recur on very rare occasions.Like the one that I have had off and on since I was a small child. That I found out was an actual place here in Virginia after we moved here. But I hadn't lived in Virginia since before I was old enough to have too many memories of that time. In that dream, I am riding in an old car along a road going over a marshy area with no sides on it and it seemed we would go right off the side any second, then suddenly I would be running behind huge scrubs with bees chasing me. Something in my childhood memory of the Carters Grove Plantation and Carters Grove Plantation Country Road must have impressed me as a child LOL!Another recurrent dream that I had from when I was a small child was when my father was stationed in Allentown PA. There was a huge 'hanger' type building on the base with lockers and rooms. I would dream that I went there somehow in the night looking for my father and these bubbleheaded robots came out of the lockers coming at me, just as they got me, my father would run in and grab me away from them protectively and we would try to get out. Then I wake up. Must have seen Forbidden Planet near when that one started. :P Haven't had either one in quite a few years now.

Guest Paracelsus

Dang It All, Jebs...You saw right though me. This thread was actually a ruse to see if you would reveal the inner working of your Psyche. To think that all your humour comes solely from conscious thought... Without any inspiration from the realms of Id....Now, that's Frightening!! :lol: :P :lol:However... I must come from a very (tell us something we don't know :P ) odd family. Perhaps this kind of thing is genetic?? Four brothers and three sisters... and we all have recurrent dreams. Not the same ones mind you.(That would be almost as frightening as Jeber's Id) :o :o

Cluttermagnet
Four brothers and three sisters... and we all have recurrent dreams.  Not the same ones mind you.(That would be almost as frightening as Jeber's Id) :o  :whistling:
Firesign Theatre member Phil Austin made a solo album titled "Roller Maidens From Outer Space" back in the 70's. One of its themes was that people were all dreaming the same dream! . Now that's wierd. :o

Now that you mention it, I did used to have a frequent dream in which Firesign Theatre member Phil Austin made a solo album titled "Roller Maidens From Outer Space"... :whistling:

My dreams always revolve around chasing someone or being chased, fighting some threat, in places I have never seen or been. A theme of violence runs through each and every one. Other than myself, no one in any of my dreams is ever anyone that I know. In dreamland, I often feel like someone/something must be taking over my brain because it is so unlike my waking life. And luckily, I always wake up before I get seriously hurt (unlike some of the characters in the Matrix, for instance). This is very weird because I am generally a calm, non-violent person in waking life. I listen to Jazz and Classical music and workout regularly....Am I sane or going insane? :whistling:

Guest Paracelsus
Am I sane or going insane?  :'(
Relax!!, dude :whistling: That's healthy :w00t: ... IMHOAs a wise man once said (no!, it wasn't me B) )..."Why Be Normal"???What would question one's sanity is having a recurring dream where one is an accountant...With a wife and 2.5 children...A Volvo station wagon...A "corner" lot in The 'Burbs... and when one wakes up??Wanting to go BACK!! :o :o :wacko: :o

Am I sane or going insane?  :whistling:
Yes. :o ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~I know I dream regularly, and sometimes recall snippets of dreams, but haven't had a recurring dream since I was a kid. I used to have a nightmare about a bear chasing me up a tree in our back yard. I always woke up as he started to climb the tree after me.

Cluttermagnet
Now that you mention it, I did used to have a frequent dream in which Firesign Theatre member Phil Austin made a solo album titled "Roller Maidens From Outer Space"... <_<
Oooooh! Freaky! I'm having the same dream, Jeber!(Riiiiinnnng! Riiiinnnng!)"Dick Private, private dick.""Ah, Mister Private?""That's right, pal.""Ah, my my name is Regular Boinklin. My wife uh uh uh Ethly and I have been opposite you for many years on ah ah ah another network.""Ohhhhh, yeah- the Ethyl and Regular Show. I've heard of you. Whatsa matter? Swallow your car keys?""Ah, no.""Lock yourself out of the house?""No""Want to know how to make an attractive bookend out of a shoe box and a brick?""No, ah ah nothing that exciting, but ah ah ah look look look- you've gotta get over here right away!""Well...""Oh, right away. You're just a couple of channels away, uh uh you can make it.""Nobody ever made it before.""No, come on, it's it's really wierd over here!""Well, it ain't no Swiss picnic over here, pal.""But but you don't under- uh uh under- uh uh understand- it's terrifying- ah , nothing is normal. We all seem to be dreaming the same dream"Well, that's terrific.""And there's all those strange balls of light in our neighborhood...""Hold it.""Glad to.""Now hold it up to the light.""Oh, OK."(He was right. This was serious. Light. Too much light. More light than I'd ever seen. It seemed impossible and just too easy that this amiable zip had discovered what we'd all been looking for for years- the drain, the big leak, the place where it all goes in and it doesn't have to come out!)"Listen, Boinklin.""Oh, yeah?""Stay where you are. Too much power means trouble, and trouble is my problem.""What? What? What what what?" The preceeding brought to you by Bozos and Zipheads for Bread, Circuses, and Fair Use of Copyrighted Materials on the Internet, Fresno Chapter(Thanks Phil Austin, "Roller Maidens From Outer Space")