Firebird looking for CD

bjf123

I haven't been able to determine a cause, but sometimes while browsing the web, I'll get a popup window saying that MozillaFirebird.exe is unable to locate a CD in Drive D. Why in the heck would it be looking for anything in my CD drive? This happens at a variety of web sites, not just one. I'm running Firebird 0.7. Any ideas?

It just happened again. I've got a screen print of it, but I don't have any way to post it here. I can't give you the exact web site, because I was logged in under my user ID at the site. However, if you go to this page, http://www.dslreports.com/forum/disco I was clicking on the thread "OT: Check Out My New Ride" when it happened. I clicked on the page a second time and everything worked fine.

Not happening here. This is one of those really odd things. Going to have to do some research. But I am wondering one thing, do you have Messenger Service activated?

Dude, I'm stumped. I spent a good hour in the Firebird forums digging around and came up with nothing. Google as well. Have you done a virus and spyware scan?Worse case scenario, reinstall Firebird completely. Profile too.

Have you done a virus and spyware scan?
Do those routinely, and they haven't found anything. Someone on another forum suggested I empty the cache, which I've done. Since the problem appears sporadically, I might not know if that really did anything.Update: Clearing the cache didn't work. I just got the popup again.