You think you got computer problems

jmjlinux586

Hello,Another reason to never ever live in Florida! Computer problem in Florida / True story Technical Support, how can I help you? FEMALE CALLER: 'Last night my computer started making a lot of hissing noises at me so I shut it down. This morning when I turned it on the computer started hissing and cracking, then started smoking and a bad smell, then nothing'. TECH SUPPORT: 'I will have a technician come over first thing this morning. Leave the computer just like it is, so they can find the problem and fix it, or change it out with another computer. Give me your address; phone number and the technician will be there just as soon as he can'. When the technician got there, the lady showed him where the computer was, said what happened to it, ... this is what the technician found wrong. Take a look at the pictures... YOU WON'T BELIEVE YOUR EYES .... And you thought YOU had computer problems!!!click here, then click next image.This text goes with the last image:Computer RepairCaller : Hi, our printer is not working. Customer Service: What is wrong with it? Caller : Mouse is jammed. Customer Service: Mouse? ... Printers don't have a mouse!!! Caller: Mmmmm??.. Oh really? ... I will send a picture.I am not the author of this,original source unknown.Enjoy

Oh that's just a little Rat Snake trying to keep warm on a chilly night. I remember one day finding a Coral Snake (red and yellow will kill a fellow) sitting on the front step of my kid's DAY CARE! Kept him in an alcohol-filled jar for years to show people when they didn't believe me.There are 43 poisonous snakes native to the continental US. 41 of them are native to Florida. Come on down! :hysterical:

There are 43 poisonous snakes native to the continental US. 41 of them are native to Florida. Come on down! :hysterical:
Wow! I've met Americans who won't come to Australia because of our native poisonous beasties. B) :D I had a similar experience when I was in Vietnam. The manager at the hotel where I stayed for a while in Saigon found out I knew a little about computers. It was an old slow Celeron with 256MB RAM in it trying to run XP with 3 antivirus programs and countless other TSR programs, and no case fan with average 35C days. Needless to say you could almost brew a cup of tea while waiting for a webpage to load. Of course I installed Debian and they were amazed how fast it suddenly was.One day I came down to breakfast to be greeted with a sad tale of "Internet broken". A quick look confirmed this, and also that the computer was OK and the router was on, but no signal. Helpfully I was told it was the mouse. "But the mouse has nothing to do with internet connection" explained I. "Oh yes, mouse chewed through internet cable!" A few minutes with penknife and electrical tape and I had it going again. ;)

There are 43 poisonous snakes native to the continental US. 41 of them are native to Florida. Come on down! thumbsup.gif
Yes and we elected most all of them....Oh are we talking about the real ones? :hysterical: jolphil

V.T. Eric Layton

Well, checking Hoax Slayer, Snopes, and other sites informs me that this could have been legit. However, it wasn't in Florida because the snake pictured is indigenous ONLY to Australia. It's a Red-bellied Black Snake.Besides, it's not the snakes you have to worry about down here in Florida. It's them darn Yankee and Canuck drivers that'll kill you right quick! :hysterical:

Wow! I've met Americans who won't come to Australia because of our native poisonous beasties. :D ;) I had a similar experience when I was in Vietnam. The manager at the hotel where I stayed for a while in Saigon found out I knew a little about computers. It was an old slow Celeron with 256MB RAM in it trying to run XP with 3 antivirus programs and countless other TSR programs, and no case fan with average 35C days. Needless to say you could almost brew a cup of tea while waiting for a webpage to load. Of course I installed Debian and they were amazed how fast it suddenly was.One day I came down to breakfast to be greeted with a sad tale of "Internet broken". A quick look confirmed this, and also that the computer was OK and the router was on, but no signal. Helpfully I was told it was the mouse. "But the mouse has nothing to do with internet connection" explained I. "Oh yes, mouse chewed through internet cable!" A few minutes with penknife and electrical tape and I had it going again. :hysterical:
Actually venomous is the correct term for animals that inject venom either for protection or as a method for killing prey.Poisonous animals or plants are generally dangerous when ingested (eaten) or handled so that the poison enters the bodyby methods other than injection. Poison dart frogs or the hallucinogenic toads you have come to mind here.Snakes don't bother me, I rather like snakes but have a healthy respect for venomous ones.Mostly snakes can be avoided.It's your nasty Sidney Funnel web spiders that bother me (I absolutely detest spiders and scorpions).Box jellies would take the fun out of swimming in the ocean for me especially the irukandji jellyfish.Australian venomous creatures also tend to be much more dangerous than creatures from other parts of the world, havingmore of the deadliest species according to many experts. You even have a venomous mammal.Here in Nevada we have rattlesnakes and some rather nasty scorpions plus black widows and brown recluses to deal with, especially when out in the high desert.You won't get me to enter the crawlspace under my sisters house for instance.It's funny that most folks from the southern US have a severe and sometimes irrational fear of snakes even non venomousones like the poor rat snake that ended up in the computer in this story.I guess if you live where venomous snakes are prevalent then any snake is to be feared.I can understand it since so many snakes are venomous in the southern US.I grew up in Maine which has no venomous snakes, dangerous spiders no scorpions etc. so I don't fear snakes.I used to catch them when I was a kid, mostly Garter snakes, Green grass snakes and cute little ring necked snakes.Deadly, yes but a rattlessnake like the white one pictured below is, to me, rather beautiful.Wallpaper348.jpgNote those "baby blues"

However, it wasn't in Florida because the snake pictured is indigenous ONLY to Australia. It's a Red-bellied Black Snake.
Sorry, not a Red-Bellied Black. I've seen them in the bush, they have totally red bellies, not just a stripe on the side.@Frank. Yes we do have some awesomely venomous species. Still 20 million of us survive to this day. :clap: I guess the mammal you speak of is the platypus, with venomous claws. Almost no danger to humans as they usually hide when approached.I did once have first-hand experience of a box jellyfish (we also call them marine stingers or sea wasps). I was using a throw net to catch bait fish and touched a piece of loose tentacle that was in the net. It was less than one inch long but felt like a dozen hornet stings all at once. Oh yeah, I was stung by three hornets at once one time. We have them too, little b******s were hiding in our mailbox.

43 in the U.S. !!!!! I only knew of 4, Rattlesnakes, Copperheads, Water Moccasin, and Coral Snake. Granted there are several different varieties of the Rattlesnake family. From what I have heard Australia has 9 of the worlds most deadly snakes, top one is the Australian Brown Snake. That is the extent of my knowledge on them with the exception that when in the boonies, it is best to be armed with a side arm. Also helps greatly if you know how to use it.

While the Brown Snake may be responsible for the most bites, it is far from being the most venomous. That honour goes to the Inland Taipan, whose bite contains enough lethality to kill 100 people. It is not often encountered by humans though, as it lives in remote areas.

I knew there were several, but I was amazed at just how many species of rattlesnakes there are out there! But the venomous snakes which live here in Florida are mostly going to avoid human contact. I saw a wonderful PBS special on the Black Mamba (NOT native to Florida!) which seems pretty much the opposite. Glad it's not here!

• 3 weeks later...