Refilling inkjet cartridge

Frank

Guest ComputerBob
If you don't need the colour inks and you print a lot of text, you can always mix them to get an almost black colour, I do it all the time.
That sounds like a great idea! Thanks! :D

ahh... the best way to use a printer... Just print anything I need on the laser printer I have at work
Wow! I hope your boss doesn't read these messages. :D :D

ahh... the best way to use a printer... Just print anything I need on the laser printer I have at work
Wow! I hope your boss doesn't read these messages. B) B)
Well... even if my boss knew (which he probably does), he's more guilty than I am... :DI don't really use it that much, but then again, I don't have the need to print much anyway... I work at a repair shop btw, so when we work on inkjet printers, we print off anything we want printed in color (have to test the printers somehow B) )... We don't abuse it, but it's handy!

Guest LilBambi

GolfProRM --Sure sounds like it's all in a day's work ... if you fix printers for a living, ya gotta have somethin' ta print and those Test Pages get pretty dull! B)

GolfProRM --Sure sounds like it's all in a day's work ... if you fix printers for a living, ya gotta have somethin' ta print and those Test Pages get pretty dull!  B)
exactly... besides.. there's no better way to test out color printing than to print a picture B)

honest, i know several ppl that THROW AWAY their printers each time it runs out of ink.color = $30 + blk = $24 = $54find a new $90 piece of junk printer, mail in the $20 discount coupon, and you have just spent $16 more for a new printer + new ink.  :D
i also thought it makes more sense buying a new printer for $80 instead of spending $60 on refill cartridges, except, all the execs and engineers at Canon & Epson are one-up on us all the time.a brand new Epson printer i got for my dad for $80 came with 'special' ink cartridges that are only 1/3 full of ink!!!!!!!!!!! did i miss something? since when does ink cost more than oil / gallon? is there an ink-producing country in the world that has over half of ink reserves, that the good ol' US of A can invade so we have cheaper ink? :D but seriously folks, printer companies are so evil and corrupt, i'm surprised Microsoft and Quicken don't make printers yet....

Guest LilBambi
honest, i know several ppl that THROW AWAY their printers each time it runs out of ink.color = $30 + blk = $24 = $54find a new $90 piece of junk printer, mail in the $20 discount coupon, and you have just spent $16 more for a new printer + new ink.  :P
i also thought it makes more sense buying a new printer for $80 instead of spending $60 on refill cartridges, except, all the execs and engineers at Canon & Epson are one-up on us all the time.a brand new Epson printer i got for my dad for $80 came with 'special' ink cartridges that are only 1/3 full of ink!!!!!!!!!!! did i miss something? since when does ink cost more than oil / gallon? is there an ink-producing country in the world that has over half of ink reserves, that the good ol' US of A can invade so we have cheaper ink? :P but seriously folks, printer companies are so evil and corrupt, i'm surprised Microsoft and Quicken don't make printers yet....
Prelude76 --LOL! :D shhhhhhhhhhhh! Don't give 'em any ideas! :D

Guest ThunderRiver

Hehe.. if printer is that profitable, everyone would be making it by now. Xerox has quit the market, which is interesting because it used to be printer market leader. Prelude76, I am sorry about your Epson ink cartridge, and it seems to be a rip off. Why don't you just return it and buy another printer from HP?Microsoft has a lot more evil things to do besides making printer. They make Windows with "Out of Box Experience" (aka Windows Activation).

as for inkjet refilling, here in Toronto, we have a chain of Canadian stores called Future Shop ( they got bought out recently by US-based Circuit City, and now theres a US-based Best Buy popping up close to every Future Shop... hehehe, for anyone who doesnt believe Canada is the 51st state, try living here for a while)D***... lost my train.... back at the station.. hehe, i'll continue...anyways, Future Shop used to sell generic ink cartridge from Cycero, in yellow/blue/red packaging, i think its from UK. they had generic cartridges for everything. my epson cartridge, normally retailing for $45, cost me $9.99 and worked perfectly! now that the US-based company bought them out, most Future Shops no longer carry those generic cartridges. im still looking for them, and i'll stock up on the $9.99 cartridges as if the world is gonna end soon... :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm..............ppl...........my ink, black ink that is now running low ready to be replaced.........reading yur comments.......now i have to decide.......whether to get a new ink cat.....ya refill it..........a refill would cost me 35 AED , in $ terms 12 $ ..........but a brand new one would cost me 97 AED which in $ terms is 40 $ .........so i have two paths........go and get a refill ya .......a new one.........which is freaking me out.......... :huh: ah, i just go with the refill first and then.........the new one.........and keep u ppl update right.