NIS 2003 take revenge on Scot. (j/k)

JackR

Using Norton Internet Security 2003 in my broadband system.Firewall disabled, every thing works ok.Firewall On, can see the BBS entries, but no clicky clicky possible.Pulled the Advance options (in NIS) entered scotsnewsletter.com to be treated specially. I.e. allow every thing. do not block. Did not helpBBS works only if NIS disabled.Any Ideas???

muckshifter
Even if Norton Internet Security is a great software it may block a few web sites you’re trying to visit without displaying any error message or letting Microsoft Internet Explorer saying that there’s a website error. In that case you have to close NIS and you’ll be able to display correctly the web site. This is to our point of view a very bothering issue. Although we have seen that the software may “slow-down†some websites.
I see Norton are keeping up with the times and NOT fixing that "bug". :D

muckshifter

Hmmm, I take that comment back.I've just installed NIS 2003 with all the default settings and can post here with no problems.Now I'm at a loss to what your problem may be. :D

My guess is the problem may have to do with cookies. IPB doesn't all-out require cookies, but it's funky without them. This is a "feature" of Internet Explorer 6.0. Need to check the options for IE under Privacy and under advanced, find Scotsnewsletter.com.The rest of scotsnewsletter.com does not use cookies at all, only the forum.-- Scot

Nah, it is not the Cookies. I do not control the cookies through NIS.It has to do with the Java, ActiveX, Repeat Popups filters.I will play a little more.