RPM rocks!!

ross549

AdamFirst research all the tricks of konqueror ( native KDE app ) before you start looking for other progs that might do more/better.If you press the little globe icon in the side-toolbar of your filebrowser you will see that there is already a section for ftp . . most of them are the KDE ftp sites you can browse instantly . . . you can add your favorite sites there and make ftp-ing even more interesting.;) Bruno

AdamFirst research all the tricks of konqueror ( native KDE app ) before you start looking for other progs that might do more/better.If you press the little globe icon in the side-toolbar of your filebrowser you will see that there is already a section for ftp . . most of them are the KDE ftp sites you can browse instantly . . . you can add your favorite sites there and make ftp-ing even more interesting.;) Bruno
Hey thanks, Bruno. Too cool. I never even realized that feature existed. Or even to be able to have that extra pane on the left.

I will try to make notes next time I configure the filemanager ! Have you all got the Menu > Window > Show navigation panel, put to ON . . and then on the tools icon on the navigation-panel chosen "show tabs right" . . ??This will be a very dificult Tip to explain/writeB) Bruno

True true true. B) But something still perplexes me. B) Why is it that a select few know about this? :( I thought everybody knew that all well written browers (WEB/FTP/local) had this capability? Well not well written, but Interent Explorer, Netscape, and, as mentioned, Kongueror, too, has this capability. And you could always have two windows open if you couldn't get the tree folder on the side of a two pane window to work out.Cheers to Bruno for the excellent tips, tricks, help, and assistance for the easy and difficult tasks alike.

Didn't know you could do SSH with Konqueror. That's very cool! Though it might be a very bad idea to put your password in the address bar (as in the examples) but you can do it with just the username and then enter the password at the box that pops up. Same with ftp.The zooming shortcut and performance tip is great, too. Nice find, Owyn.I don't really use the navigation bar. Having anything higher than 800x600 on this monitor is too hard to read and the bar takes up too much room. In a couple of months I'm getting a new monitor so will have to try it then.