An Update On Eric

V.T. Eric Layton

Here's hoping you continue to stay well.
Eric,I wish you much healing & positive thinking. The thought did cross my mind lately why I haven't seen you around the boards much... thanks for stopping by and giving us an update. Take good care of yourself.

V.T. Eric Layton

Thanks, folks! Once I'm able to sit at this computer desk for extended periods again, I'll be back to visit much more often. :thumbsup:

securitybreach
Thanks, folks! Once I'm able to sit at this computer desk for extended periods again, I'll be back to visit much more often. :)
Good to hear Eric!!! :thumbup:

Eric, don't exhaust yourself by responding to the gazillion forums that you belong to, you just get better and respond as you can.By the way, Joan from the Haven send you her well wishes.Acadia

Guest LilBambi

Great to see ya Eric in the regular open part of the forums too now. In time, maybe more often, but remember, your health first!!!We love ya and want you to be here for a long while. :thumbsup:

V.T. Eric Layton

Thanks, everyone! :o Bill, tell Joan I said howdy. ;)Sunrat, you can do it. Quitting smoking is easy. I've done it many times. :thumbup:

EricI was saddened to read your post about why you have been missed here at the forums.You take care of yourself first and foremost.If you need anything that someone who is local can help with, PM me and we will get it done.BlessingsBob

V.T. Eric Layton

Two weeks out of hospital and I feel better than I have in three+ years. I'm down to 220 lbs. I've lost 48 lbs in 46 days. Amazing, huh? :thumbsup:

Guest LilBambi
Two weeks out of hospital and I feel better than I have in three+ years. I'm down to 220 lbs. I've lost 48 lbs in 46 days. Amazing, huh? :)
Sounds like you were retaining water longer than you realized! Some walks and some lifting things type exercises soon to get those legs and arms tightened up after the losses?It is amazing how much fluid one can retain especially when experiencing heart problems, and things like my Jim (Lyme Disease) too.So glad you are feeling much better! :D

V.T. Eric Layton

I actually lost a portion (about 25 lbs) twice. I had lost it by dieting and fasting the weeks prior to ending up in the hospital, but gained it all back in fluid during that week that I bloated up real bad. All water retention is history. My ankles are skinny and normal these days. I'm closely controlling my fluid intake and watching my output. And I sure do feel good. I can't remember feeling this healthy and energetic since about '07. I appreciate waking up every morning, too. :D

Health is wealth!
I would say that we have, most of us, re-learned a bunch of lessons our parents and grandparents learned and tried to pass on.A shame I really didn't pay attention. I thought the world was just fundamentally different and they didn't apply.Now, I work like my forebears.Now, I bury my money like them.Now, I make purchases only with cash like them.Here's hoping that the dreadful lessons are over for a while!BlessingsBob