Having troubles just to get FreeBSD 5.0

Guest ThunderRiver

Guest ThunderRiver

Well, I have been using OpenBSD for quite sometime now, and the installation was soo smooth, but today I felt like I wanted to give FreeBSD a try. So I downloaded the ISO image, burnt the image, and then, pop the CD into my test machine. It boots fine until it gets to the point where it shows it detects my two hard drives and two CD optical drives. After that, it just freezes. I then pop that CD in my laptop, it boots the CD fine, but I don't want to install FreeBSD on that working machine yet. Well, I then put in OpenBSD boot CD in the same test machine that I tried FreeBSD on, the CD boots fine and smoothly. So any ideas why it freezes to even boot up? As you know I haven't even gotten to the installation menu sceen.

Guest ThunderRiver

Here is the last four lines before FreeBSD 5.0 install freezes

ad0: 78167MB <Maxtor 4W080H6> [158816/16/63] at ata0mater UDMA 33ad1: 43967MB <Maxtor 54610H6> [89331/16/63] at ata0-slave UDMA33acd0: CD-RW <8X4X32> at ata1-mater PIO4acd1: CDROM <CD-ROM Drive/F5A> at ata1-slave PIO4

and then, setup doesn't continue anymore