Image hosting website

Tushman

I've been using Photobucket past 3-4 years and I have not been too happy with them as of late. Somehow stumbled upon Img Boot which seems pretty good thus far. Been using them to post small pics & screenshots for the past couple of months and it's pretty fast. They claim to have unlimited uploading (in terms of storage space). I also uploaded a 3 MB image just as a test to see how it would handle it.... not bad. I was impressed w/ the overall time it took. They offer both a "free" & paid-for accounts.http://www.imgboot.com/faq.phpcomputerhardwareposter17bysonic840.jpg

Thanks. It looks interesting.I do have paid storage but it has a limit so I need to clean out once in a while; I can move some of my permanent photos there to store.

Cluttermagnet
I've been using Photobucket past 3-4 years and I have not been too happy with them as of late. Somehow stumbled upon Img Boot which seems pretty good thus far. Been using them to post small pics & screenshots for the past couple of months and it's pretty fast. They claim to have unlimited uploading (in terms of storage space). I also uploaded a 3 MB image just as a test to see how it would handle it.... not bad. I was impressed w/ the overall time it took. They offer both a "free" & paid-for accounts.http://www.imgboot.com/faq.phpcomputerhardwareposter17bysonic840.jpg
Hi, Tushman-Just curious what has degraded about the service at Photobucket, as you see it. I still use that service.

Hi, Tushman-Just curious what has degraded about the service at Photobucket, as you see it. I still use that service.
Well it hasn't "degraded" per se.... but, (there's always a butt somewhere :D.It's primarily their upload speed which has me slightly unsatisfied. (And I have a pretty decent broadband connection here at home). Secondly, they re-hauled their main page (about 3 or 4 times) within a span of 12-14 months. During one of those re-designs, they left out that handy little link at the of the page ... for "log out" - ya know... small minor details. That definitely left me unhappy and more than suspicious of the security on their website.And I have other minor quibbles - such as being bombarded with annoying & flashy photos every time I go their page to log in.... I don't want to see that crap. Because when I go to such a site, it's for 1 purpose only - to UPLOAD. I just want a nice clean page to log in (even to the point of being dull) without distractions or ads to avoid.

Cluttermagnet

OK, that all makes sense. It is indeed annoying how often some of these sites make dubious 'improvements' and throw everybody into turmoil just so they can have the latest, greatest. OTOH they have been pretty solid and reliable so, for me, for now, they seem quite adequate. And I'd even recommend them to others at this point. But I, too, was more than a little annoyed when I had to keep relearning what had been a perfectly good, functional site before all the 'unnecessary' changes. :flowers:

OK, that all makes sense. It is indeed annoying how often some of these sites make dubious 'improvements' and throw everybody into turmoil just so they can have the latest, greatest. OTOH they have been pretty solid and reliable so, for me, for now, they seem quite adequate. And I'd even recommend them to others at this point. But I, too, was more than a little annoyed when I had to keep relearning what had been a perfectly good, functional site before all the 'unnecessary' changes. :rolleyes:
I fully agree with your statement regarding the "latest improvements" at Photobucket. Like you, it's the one place I have most of my pic's and I have many. :)Tushman,My problem with storing pic's on new servers is that they aren't allowed on many of the forums. Many of the forums only allow photo linksif they are hosted on a select few servers. :thumbsup: Hopefully the one you present here will gain wide acceptance since it's services appear very promising.

Tushman,My problem with storing pic's on new servers is that they aren't allowed on many of the forums. Many of the forums only allow photo linksif they are hosted on a select few servers. :hmm: Hopefully the one you present here will gain wide acceptance since it's services appear very promising.
I don't understand what you mean. By "new servers" - do you mean a new photo hosting service? I don't know how the forum admin(s) would determine which sites are brand new versus a site like Photobucket.I participate on a few different forums and I've never had a problem posting atleast a small thumbnail link regardless of the host site. I guess depending on the forum admins, they can always institute a policy of which hosting sites are allowed or not allowed on the board....

Malewarebytes, stopped me from going to stashbox. Probably because the types of files housed there. I don't want to override malwarebytes so I'll skip that site.I found a thread about it here http://duc.digidesign.com/archive/index.php/t-269206.htmlapparently a few other security apps/programs also flag it.

Edited by zlim

Right Liz!http://safeweb.norton.com/report/show?url=...F&ulang=engHere: http://reclassify.wrs.trendmicro.com/wrsonlinequery.aspxEntry {hxxp://stashbox.org/} and see the result. (note: link disabled)http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/stashbox.orgGo here:http://www.malwareurl.com/listing-urls.phpFill in the website, entry the captcha en hit enter. See what you get...Oops ...

I am surprised no one mentioned Imagebam:
They always post a note at the top suggesting I upgrade to their premium service because I use Adblock. Put me off. I don't want to encourage sites to scan my browser for Adblock.

securitybreach

Well that is because the only difference between free and premium is the ads. All the features are included in the free version that the premium offers minus the ads. It is odd that you get a message about adblock. I use adblock also and I see a small text ad at the top but no mention of adblock being enabled:275c0197767698.jpg BTW most sites can tell if you use adblock, they just do not mention it most of the time.

It is odd that you get a message about adblock. I use adblock also and I see a small text ad at the top but no mention of adblock being enabled:
That's the message I'm talking about. At least it doesn't say "Dear lowlife scum Adblock user leech". Kind of implies that though. :D

Regarding Imagebam, it seems they host adult stuff when I read the comments at WOT.If that is a problem one should go elsewhere and try to find an image hosting site which does not has adult content or otherwise unfaithful stuff. :D

Regarding Imagebam, it seems they host adult stuff when I read the comments at WOT.If that is a problem one should go elsewhere and try to find an image hosting site which does not has adult content or otherwise unfaithful stuff. :sweatingbullets:
Unfaithful stuff? hmmm.... you make sure when you find those pictures that you send it my way Striker. With a name like Tushman, I need to make sure my inspection skills are razor sharp. Who knows someday, Mrs. Right will come along & I'll need to be prepared. The more I practice, the stronger my faith grows. :P Edited by Tushman