Win-7 install

longgone

Well ... just did an install of Win-7 .. it appears that the install went just fine .. but the problem lies in the boot loader ... I am using grub .. and this is the entry that I put in it ... title windows7root (hd1,0)chainloader +1In order to do this install I unplugged the hd0 hard drive ,, since I have already learned that Win will hijack it if I don't do that .. during this install when it came to the part to select the partition .. it told me that Win would make changes .. okay so I have a 100mb section that is listed as system (whatever that is for) and a large partition (a little under 90gb) for the install ...the question is how do I get Win-7 to boot up .. I have also tried (hd1,1) which did not work either ...what do I need to do to .. get it to boot all the way up

Well ... just did an install of Win-7 .. it appears that the install went just fine .. but the problem lies in the boot loader ... I am using grub .. and this is the entry that I put in it ... title windows7root (hd1,0)chainloader +1In order to do this install I unplugged the hd0 hard drive ,, since I have already learned that Win will hijack it if I don't do that .. during this install when it came to the part to select the partition .. it told me that Win would make changes .. okay so I have a 100mb section that is listed as system (whatever that is for) and a large partition (a little under 90gb) for the install ...the question is how do I get Win-7 to boot up .. I have also tried (hd1,1) which did not work either ...what do I need to do to .. get it to boot all the way up
This is assuming you are using legacy grub:
title windows7root (hd1,0)map (hd0) (hd1)map (hd1) (hd0)makeactivechainloader +1

lewmur's GRUB stanza is the solution. The map command tells GRUB to use the MBR on the second drive. The boot drive must have a drive signature of 0x80h and that's what the map command does to fool the bootloader into thinking because the Windows drive will have a signature of 0x81h