Dual Monitor Settings!

metho

i have two monitors/tv, one is 32inch and other one is 24inch...24in Res: 1920x1080 (1080p)32in Res: 1360x768 (720p)i want to clone the screen on both with keeping their resolutions at max, unable to achieve this so far... only way i can get it to work if i set the resolutions of both monitors to 1360x760, which means, my 1080p monitor is not getting its full resolution!is it possible with two different size of monitors to clone one desktop on both with keeping their original resolutions???-mEtho

is it possible with two different size of monitors to clone one desktop on both with keeping their original resolutions???-mEtho
I don't see why not.How to setup dual monitors on Windows 7.http://www.online-tech-tips.com/windows-7/...s-in-windows-7/http://www.microsoft.com/athome/organizati...womonitors.aspxhttp://www.sevenforums.com/installation-se...or-support.htmlhttp://www.pcworld.com/article/157672/how_...e_monitors.htmlGoogle search for dual monitor setup.

thanks for your reply... i have looked at these sites before i posted my question here (but thanks for ur effort, never hurts to read it again in case i missed something) anyway what i am trying to do is clone one desktop (not extend my desktop)... i think my first post is clear enough, if not, i will post the screenshots in my next post! sorry for the confusion!-mEtho

thanks for your reply... i have looked at these sites before i posted my question here (but thanks for ur effort, never hurts to read it again in case i missed something) anyway what i am trying to do is clone one desktop (not extend my desktop)... i think my first post is clear enough, if not, i will post the screenshots in my next post! sorry for the confusion!-mEtho
mEtho, the answer to your question is provided to you already in the 2nd link above.If you click on your display settings, there's a drop down menu next to 'Multiple Displays'.You will see these 4 choices listed:- Duplicate these displays- Extend these displays- Show desktop only on 1- Show desktop only on 2Choose the first option: "Duplicate these displays"Click OK, and you're done.Click here for more details. Edited by Tushman

The duplicate display only allows a maximum resolution for both monitors that matches the narrowest monitor resolution. So, the higher res monitor will always match the lowest res monitor. I haven't figured out how to make them independent when using the Duplicate Settings option (#1).

The duplicate display only allows a maximum resolution for both monitors that matches the narrowest monitor resolution. So, the higher res monitor will always match the lowest res monitor. I haven't figured out how to make them independent when using the Duplicate Settings option (#1).
I'm shaking my head in disbelief. Did Microsoft engineers miss the boat on this? What is the whole point of providing that setting if the user cannot select different resolutions? How dumb is that? I have an Nvidia card and I'm using the Nvidia desktop manager. The software DOES allow me to use two different resolutions for my 17" and 21" monitors accordingly. Edited by Tushman

I'm shaking my head in disbelief. Did Microsoft engineers miss the boat on this? What is the whole point of providing that setting if the user cannot select different resolutions? How dumb is that? I have an Nvidia card and I'm using the Nvidia desktop manager. The software DOES allow me to use two different resolutions for my 17" and 21" monitors accordingly.
And is you desktop Duplicated? Every window on your 17" monitor is duplicated on your 21" monitor? If so, what happens when you click the window's Maximize widgit? Does it maximize to the resolution of the 17" monitor or to the resolution of the 21" monitor?