Outlook 2007 view issue

telecomguy9

telecomguy9

Hey all, I have an interesting one for you. We've migrated to Office 2007 and I have a user who, in Outlook 2003, would open a shared calendar and do a search for something and it would show only those calendar items that contained the search term and it would show them on a regular calendar view with the days of the week. In Outlook 2007 it's displaying these search results in a list view format. I can't figure out how to get it to view only what was searched for in a regular week or month type of view. If I do the search and then go to View | Current View and select Day/Week/Month then I lose the search and I'm taken to the view that shows everything in the calendar. Any ideas?

Guest LilBambi

Sorry...doesn't look like it can be done.

Tip 514: Search and Calendar ViewA reader asks: “I conducted a search, looking for an event now I can't get back to the calendar view, all I see are the events that I searched for.”Outlook displays the search result in list format, not in day/week/month view (so you can see them without browsing through the months). It should return to the day/week/month view when you clear the search If not, you need to apply the day/week/month view - View, Current View, Day/Week/Month.To clear the search: click the little x on the right of the search field in Outlook 2007 or the Clear button in older versions.If clearing the search does not restore the Day/Week/Month view, make sure you have all the latest updates installed and start outlook using the /cleanviews switch.Help with switches: http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/switches.htmYou could use Advanced find (Ctrl+Shift+F) instead - it opens a new window for the search results.
@Outlook TipsMicrosoft definitely screwed up on this. So glad Apple didn't screw that up on iCal!

• 3 weeks later...
telecomguy9

Here's what we found works:With your calendar screen already in Monthly View follow this menu path:View>Current View>Customize Current View>FilterOnce the filter is activated it will display and print in monthly view