Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1250 tv tuner

securitybreach

securitybreach

Ok I tried installing phonon-xine as the link from the suggested and I seen no difference. I tried the dvb-scan command but I got an error:

╔═ comhack@Venus 10:18 PM ╚═══ ~->  dvbscan /usr/share/dvb/atsc/us-ATSC-center-frequencies-8VSBUnable to query frontend status

Even though the frontend exists:

╔═ comhack@Venus 10:19 PM ╚═══ ~-> ls -l /dev/dvb/adapter0/total 0crw-rw----+ 1 root video 212, 1 Jun 19 12:57 demux0crw-rw----+ 1 root video 212, 2 Jun 19 12:57 dvr0crw-rw----+ 1 root video 212, 0 Jun 19 12:57 frontend0crw-rw----+ 1 root video 212, 3 Jun 19 12:57 net0

I researched the error and it seems to be a bug with the actual program and not something on my end. I am going to try the mythtv setup and I will let you know how that goes. Also, the vlc error I keep getting is:

VLC is unable to open the MRL 'dvb://frequency=0000'. Check the log for details.

The problem is I have no clue where to find what frequency I need or where to add it to.

securitybreach

Well your command:

$ mythfrontend --geometry 800x600

worked beautifully. I can even resize the window and it changes the resolution automatically.

securitybreach

The dvbscan error above happened because Mythbackend was loaded. After stopping it, the scan works.

I thought I was Snoopy? o:)
I'm afraid you're nr.2: snoepie was first. (see member list) They are both pronounced the same.However, she hasn't been here since 2007.

• 9 months later...

Hi, I have the HVR-1250 with a debian box. your blog is the closest that I have come to figuring out how to get my system to see the card. The advice to change the card to 25 was very helpful.I can now watch over-the-air channels (ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS, etc) However, the card is connected to Time Warner cable. I was wondering if I was missing something to get the other cable channels. Any help is appreciated!Sentry

securitybreach
Hi, I have the HVR-1250 with a debian box. your blog is the closest that I have come to figuring out how to get my system to see the card. The advice to change the card to 25 was very helpful.I can now watch over-the-air channels (ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS, etc) However, the card is connected to Time Warner cable. I was wondering if I was missing something to get the other cable channels. Any help is appreciated!Sentry
I am not really for sure either. I have problems with mine getting all the channels as well. Sorry I could not help ya out. Let me know if you run across anything.Thanks

I don't know anything at all about this card, but it's possible that you're capturing the signal over the air rather than through the cable. Those Hauppage cards are amazing and might well have enough signal discrimination to pull the air signal from the cable wire if you're relatively near the transmitters. Have you checked to be sure the card is using the cable signal?

Edited by ChipDoc