Vim novice tutorial videos

securitybreach

securitybreach

I ran across this link earlier that has some great video introduction/tutorials for a beginner Vim user. I know Vim seems daunting to the beginner user but once you get the hang of it, you will realize how fast and powerful it really is. The guy in the videos is a little erratic about Vim but the videos are still very informative and helpful.

In these videos we cover the basics. If you’re just getting started or think you may be missing some of the basic ideas behind Vim, these videos are for you. They’re hosted at Vimeo but you can also watch them here if you wish.On this page, you should find that there is some better organization and a decent set of notes you can pick up afterwards.Welcome to VimBasic Movement (Screencast 1)Basic Movement (Screencast 2)Basic Movement (Screencast 3)Basic Editing (Screencast 1)Basic Editing (Screencast 2)Working with Many Files (Screencast 1)Working with Many Files (Screencast 2)Working with Many Files (Screencast 3)How to use the Help System
http://www.derekwyatt.org/vim/vim-tutorial...utorial-videos/..............and yes emacs is great editor, too :P

V.T. Eric Layton

I'm a VIM user, but recently (in Arch) I found Nano. Nano is pretty cool... and much easier than VIM or Emacs.

Thegeekstuff also has useful tips and tricks for vi / vim here. When you get to the bottom of the page, be sure to click previous. There are several pages to look through.

securitybreach
Thegeekstuff also has useful tips and tricks for vi / vim here. When you get to the bottom of the page, be sure to click previous. There are several pages to look through.
Awesome!! Thanks a lot. ;)

securitybreach

My problem with nano is I could not figure out how to print a document. With vim it is a easy as adding:

set pdev=printername

to the config file, either ~/.vimrc or /etc/vimrcThen a simple :hardcopy prints the document. I know I could always:

lp documentname

but for me it is easier to print from the editor.