Laptop w/3D Display

Netochka

Sharp plans to start selling next month a $2,989 laptop called the Mebius PC-RD3D, which sports a 3-D display that does not require special glasses. The display creates the illusion of 3-D by sending slightly different images to each eye at slightly different angles. Users can toggle between 3-D and standard modes with the press of a button. The laptop goes on sale October 27 in Japan and should be released later this year in the U.S. Sharp hasn't announced plans for European sales. http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...ny_030911115934

Guest genaldar

In the Mike's list from 2 weeks ago (if I remember right) he talked about this professor who developed a way to turn a contentional screen into a 3d screen using just seran wrap. Sure its a little complicated and it will make your laptop hard to carry around but it looks really cool ;)

Guest ThunderRiver
Yeah, I want to be a hologram when I grow up!
You want what? Are you talking about the library hologram guy in the movie "Time Machine?"Why would you want to do that?