Bring on the Late Night Party!!

ross549

Mods- please delete this- for some reason I brainfarted and put this in the wrong forum.I really really really promise to watch it next time..... :)

Lol. It's strange: at night there are more members logged on, but there is never much posting going on...I wish i could be here earlier, but this time of night is the only free time i have on my hands :)

Mods- please delete this- for some reason I brainfarted and put this in the wrong forum.I really really really promise to watch it next time..... 
They will usually move it :)

Guest LilBambi
Mods- please delete this- for some reason I brainfarted and put this in the wrong forum.I really really really promise to watch it next time..... :)
There ya go ross549 ;)Operation Topic Mover accomplished LOL!

Thanks LilBambi!!We just got done watching the football game.... on eof the best I have seen (in comebacks) in years. It was only beat by the Packers/49er's monday night game where Chris Jackie kicked a 52 yard field goal to win it in overtime.What other late night tales do we have here??? :)

:whistling: I noticed last night during the graveyard shift, that i was maybe 1 of 2 people on the board at any given time.I really was hyped, because it was my first midwatch. I can get so much studying done that it is not even funny. Everybody at work complains about the midshift, but I think I am the only one who likes it.

When I was in the Army assigned to the NSA, I managed to get the swing shift (4PM - Midnight) all to myself. I was the only person in my section during that time. And I got the section chief to set a rule that as long as I equalled the output of the highest producer during the day shift (we analyzed intercepts...the day shift guys, in between coffee breaks and BS sessions, usually only put out 4 hours worth of analysis in 8 hours) I could leave. Well heck, by working straight through, I could do 4 hours analysis in 4 hours or less (it can be done at 4x). So I usually only worked 4PM to 8PM, then went out on the town. Man, I loved that job and that shift. Graveyard wasn't as much fun. The other half of the world was awake by then, generating all kinds of real-time intercepts. I rarely had to deal with that. Enjoy it while it lasts, ross549. As you know, nothing in the military stays the same for long. But it sure is cool when it goes your way.Around here, I keep seeing everyone leave about 8PM local. I must be giving up too soon. :w00t:

The graveyard shift is only until January. We rotate every 3 months. Since I came back from my TAD to security, I have changed shifts 6 times in one month!! Now THAT was painful!! :) :) :thumbsup:

I work mostly midnight to 8 am so I am usually in and out all night long. Nights are usually always quiet - thank god for the internet at work, even tho it is a winME machine. I usually bring along a live cd of linux tho and throw that into the cd-rom and have a much more stable computer.I notice people posting thru out the night, I notice around 4 am central time it really starts picking up with people visiting the forum and stuff.

• 3 weeks later...

*NEWS FLASH*Norfolk, VA (AP)- Electronics technicions at NCTAMS LANT, one of the Navy's premier communications facilities, are facing yet another evening of boredom. "We have taken care of all the trouble calls, and no one has called with any other problems," commented Petty Officer First Class Evans. "I guess we will have to either resort to TV watching, or doing some training. What do you all think?"The electronics shop all went about thier business, steadfastly ignoring Evans. "Why don't we just do our own thing?" asked one of the techs, "We have all the work done." Evans replied, "Roger that!" and let them.At the time of this writing, work was at a minimum, and play was at a maximum. Everyone was either surfing the Internet, watching TV, or reading a book.Until someone calls with a problem, these electronics techs will have nothing to do but wait for the time when they are called upon to restore Naval communications.Reporting from the trenches, this is Adam Ross. Good Night. o:)

Is that this is a good night with no trouble calls or this is I am taking a nap or my shift is over? Someone thinks I come on at 4 a.m. huh? Am I that predictable. What kind of crazy person would be up at the time of the morning? Or night?

Well, that was posted about halfway through the shift.... it was dull..... so dull infact, that we did training at 4 in the morning. We had nothing better to do :P