Mouse selection

FuzzButt

Well I tought I would mention a nice little mouse I picked up.I bought the Logitech Cordless desktop MX for a client of mine. It worked great here at my house but at their home it was real jumpy. After a bunch of driver updates it was working the same. I eventually went out and picked up a Microsoft Cordless combo for them. The Multimedia combo to be exact. It is working flawlessly in the same location as the Logitech was in. Odd. So now I am the proud owner of the Logitech keyboard and mouse.Well since I cannot return it I am out $105. I decided to give my wife my Logitech Cordless Optical infavor of this MX700 mouse. Problem is this mouse is part of the combo and the radio also includes a keyboard on the USB cable that attaches to the PC. I decided to take a chance and plug it in anyway. Turns out that the mouse and keyboard can work on the USB port while another USB mouse and PS2 keyboard are plugged in. I loaded the new drivers for the ITouch keyboard and Mouseware and removed the old mouse. Upon reboot everything works great. I now have 2 working keyboards on the same PC. One is a corded model plugged into the PS2 port on my KVM then on to the PS2 port on the PC and the other a USB keyboard/mouse. Kind of cool really I have never tried having multiple mice or keyboards before. I should also mention that the PS2 keyboard is a Microsoft Multimedia keyboard with the software for it loaded. Oh ya I almost forgot I also have the ATI remote wonder RF remote that also acts like a mouse and has it's own software. Now who needs to be plugged in to their PC to use it when you can sit back in your chair and not even know there are no wires. ChrisP.S. Games play great with this cordless combo MX just in case you were wondering how the response time is. :o

great, another person who uses a computer in non-standard ways :o i have a cordless iTouch keyboard, and the cordless optical Logitech mouse (amazing mouse, no problems, only thing is i have to change 2 AA batteries every 2 months or so). then, i have a remote IR controller that came with my MSI nVidia FX5600. next, i have my nVidia card feeding my Sony Wega TV with a s-video cable, and a cable running from SoundBlaster Line-Out up to a Pioneer 550Watt receiver, which them feeds 5 x 100W surround sound/dolby speakers and a 50W subwoofer. final step, i sit on my couch, and use my cordless mouse, cordless keyboard, and IR remote to select games and play them on my TV with full surround sound effects. :D interesting about 2 keyboard / 2 mice idea. i might try it and keep the cordless ones just by the couch, and have 'land-lined' peripherals at the computer too, so i dont have to carry them back and forth. oh, i also have my eye out for the logitch cordless gamepad, and logitech cordless joystick. now if they only made cordless steering wheel+pedals, i could finally play Mobil1 Rally and Nascar 2003 on the TV. ~drool~kinda makes a PS2 or Xbox seem pathetic, right?

Yup, I can't complain about my Logitech cordless keyboard & mouse combo -- which are both working on PS/2 ports, BTW ;)The only problem I've ever had with is that silly "secure connection" dialogue that kept popping up, which was easily remedied by a support solution on Logitech's website.