External Modem

Jeber

Thanks to my Linux installation, I now have an external modem for the first time in my computer-life. It didn't come with a manual, just driver CD, power pack and cable (but hey, it only cost $20 and works great). So it's got these 8 pretty little blinky lights on the front and 2-3 letter descriptions below the lights...but I want to know what the letters stand for. If someone would be so kind as to fill in the blanks, I'll note the ones I could figure out (correct me if I got them wrong):MRTRCDSD (sending data)RD (receiving data)RTSCTSON (on, duh)Thanks, folks. I promise never to bother you with simple questions like this until the next time. :thumbsup:

Geez Jeber, this isn't an easy one. You made me dredge up things from so far in the past my head still hurts. You got two right, and I'll add what I can:CD = carrier detectTR = data terminal readyMR = modem ready(???)RTS = Request to SendCTS = Clear to sendWhat speed is your new modem?Abe