save real player videos

vaio

Depends. Please correct me if I'm wrong but AFAIK, you cannot save streaming video (or audio, for that matter). If it's a file that you can download and play using RealPlayer, I'm pretty sure there's a File> Save As function in the RealPlayer browser.

AFAIK - as far as I knowand I agree with Big Jeff that I've never found a way to save a whole streaming RA file... don't know that you can...

Guest LilBambi

I don't know if it works with the newer RealOne player, or if they updated it to work with the new players, but I have a program called rawavrecorder (meaning ra - realaudio - to wav recorder) that would do just that.The site still says you just need a Real Player. You can check it out here.Then all you would need is something like Audacity (with the Lame encoder) to convert the .wav to .mp3.NEVERMIND! I misread the question...you were asking about converting RealVIDEO!

Edited by LilBambi

Bambi, you made me wonder if there wouldn't be a way to run a video capture program and basically "record" the real video... it wouldn't be able to stay in real video format, but I would think there's got to be a program out there that could do this...any input with this idea anyone?

Guest LilBambi
Bambi, you made me wonder if there wouldn't be a way to run a video capture program and basically "record" the real video...  it wouldn't be able to stay in real video format, but I would think there's got to be a program out there that could do this...any input with this idea anyone?
GolfProRM --You could be right! Hadn't thought of that, but that's basically all the rawavrecorder is doing with real player audio ... it does it as it plays using its own codecs.You might like to look at this Google search and see if there is something in the list to help you with that. Don't know if any of them will do exactly what you want to do, but it's a place to start maybe.

Found this on one of those links... probably worth checking out!Thanks Bambi!

Capture streaming mediaCarol from Bimble, Kentucky, called us on the Intel TechTV Netcam Network looking to capture streaming video onto her hard drive. Specifically, Carol wants to capture a RealVideo file. I showed Carol a piece of freeware we've recommended before called CamStudio. This software lets you set an area of your screen that you'd like to capture. Anything inside this area is then recorded to a movie file on your hard drive. If you want to record streaming video, give CamStudio a try. However, you might not be successful in capturing RealVideo 100 percent of the time. If you can't capture RealVideo files, try to save it from your Temporary Internet folder. Make sure you stream the video one time from beginning to end before proceeding. Here's how to retrieve a movie from your Temporary Internet folder: Open Internet Explorer. Click on Tools and then Internet Options. Click the General tab and then Settings under Temporary Internet Folder. Click the View Files button. Sort the list by Type and locate the movie from the list. Drag and drop the movie to your desktop.A viewer, Allan, writes: "I was just watching the show and I saw Chris was unable to capture streaming video with a screen grabber program. This is because the video was being displayed as an overlay by the video hardware and not actually being drawn to the screen. To disable the overlay, go to Display Properties > Settings > Advanced > Troubleshooting and move hardware acceleration from full to none. This will force RealPlayer (and most other players) to actually draw the video to the screen and allow you to capture it with any screen grabber or the print screen key. Hope this helps." It does. Thanks!

vaio,Please let us know if any of the solutions offered here work for you. And beware of spyware in 3rd party apps for capturing media content that is intended to be protected from this sort of thing. :rolleyes:

CamStudio does the job , its not that great as World TV does wit most avi files. I really have to thanx everyone for there help wit my question. :rolleyes:

Grasshopper

The Camstudio thing didn't work for me and I have a pretty fast computer. The picture was bad and there wasn't an option of direct sound input. Wasn't very good.