less pro-Norton fest

Prelude76

Scot, i love your newsletter and this forum, BUT...i'm no fan of Norton/Symantec products. I find them slow, bloated, and with this new Product Activation scheme, downright annoying. So if i have to be honest, I wasn't too impressed when I got the latest Newsletter:60-Second Briefs: - Symantec's New Products - Norton AntiVirus 2004 - Norton AntiSpam 2004 - Norton Internet Security 2004 - Norton SystemWorks 2004ugh, talk about Norton/Symantec overload! you know, there are other NEW releases that get very little mention, yet I find to be far more superior. Lately, I've fallen for McAfee Personal Firewall 5.0, and F-Prot Anti-Virus. both have great interfaces, and fairly low memory usage (a lot less than Symantec line). And McAfee makes a whole like of products similar to Symantecs. and i'm not alone in this. from several posts in this forums, many are not too pleased with Symantec's latest offerings, so it would be nice to know alternatives. most of your other newsletters did a great job evaluating alternatives and comparing them to norton, but this one felt more like a Symantec mass-mailing. ;) anyways, i personally would like to see less talk about norton and more talk about great/better alternatives. take care.