trade anyone?

Prelude76

here goes: i know we can't sell stuff on this forum, but i'm sure many of us have extra stuff we dont need, and i trust you guys more than ebay, so can we have an area for trading stuff? if we keep it out of selling area, it wont get out of hand.i'll start:i have a 20GB UltraWide SCSI (yellow cable style) hard drive, i think its a seagate. it's never been used, about 1.5 years old. i dont have and dont plan on getting a SCSI card, but if anyone has an Athlon Slot style 1 Ghz CPU, it would be a nice upgrade to my aging motherboard. It'd trade it at par with my SCSI drive.

Why would you NOT want to use SCSI beats the heck out of me?Maybe I can prod you a little bit Prelude!I have a spare Adaptec #39160 (U160) PCI Adapter board! It is a dual (A/B ) SCSI interface (0-7 by 2 = 16 channel) with two separate internal 68pin connectors and one 80pin external interface! The only problem is that a 20GHDDs (10000rpm, 5ms) for U160 will cost you around $150! Cables are another story! Yes you can use the present HDD you are attempting to pawn off but U160 is sacred and it would be like keeping a horse in an apartment!If you really want it >> make me an offer but I don't mean a monetary exchange! A 128M GeForce440 AGPx4 and an Audigy may be considered a fair barter!But ONLY if you are going to use it and NOT hock it off to someone else!

Prelude,Interesting Idea. If you want to use that hard drive I'll give you an Adaptec 2940U/UW Host adapter that will work with that drive. I might even have the yellow 68 pin cable too.PM me if you are interested. I know Linux likes SCSI drives and it might make it easier to dual boot with it on a seperate drive.Chris