Routing issues and slow access

FuzzButt

Hello,Ok well this is starting to get me upset. Over the last day or so I am having issues with a few websites. I would rather not mention which ones but some of this is even affecting Windows Media Player's "Now Playing" listings.I have ran Tracert's and get decent ping times and no time out except once in a while.I am on Comcast HSI. THis is occuring on all PC's here, Windows XP, 2000, Mandrake and Pocket PC. It just seems the pages timeout or will load the text portions but all the graphics are timimg out. Throughput for these sites is real slow. Before it was 100K/s plus. Is this just me or is there a trend?Chris

Chris,Remind us how your're connecting the network to the internet. Routers/modems, ICS, NAT, etc ...
PC's connecting to Linky 8 port Router. Laptop and Pocket PC connecting to WAP11 Access point connecting to a port on the router. Then Router connected to the Cable Modem.Almost all other sites and other traffic types are full speed. My NNTP traffic right now is 212.7kB/s and this site is just as fast as normal.I think it is just an internet routing issue. I know AT&T had issues with a port my company uses for most of the day today. They fixed that issue a few hours ago finally. A webmaster I wrote mentioned it might just be a glitch in routing that goes away usually.Chris

Check the MTU value in your router settings. The default should be 1492. Maybe reduce it to 1454. I experienced this situation over a year ago with my ISP. This may not be what you're experiencing but it my case I'd go to some site and it would stall although the title appeared in the browser title bar, the site wouldn't finish loading. Other sites were perfectly fine. At first I thought the sites were totally down, but at work they loaded up fine.

Well I went over to tweakXP and changed a few settings and also downloaded CableNut and let it adjust me for my access. 2Mx256 Cable. Informal testing seems to have sped up most sites but the one I want to go to is still a bit slow. IE or Mozilla will load the page but times out before it is complete. Basically waiting on a few images such as peoples avatar's and other UBB images.This is not happening to anyone else I know of. I also turned of QoS. My CPU Usage was running 100% when moving MPG files from another PC. Now I get 1GB across the network in 3 minutes instead of 20.Chris o:)