New BTX form factor

nlinecomputers

From what I've read about it, this is Intel's hoped to-be-next standard form factor for the next-generation of mini-PCs suitable for set-top boxes and the like. Right now Via has an ITX form factor for Via-only chipset motherboards for this market.

Nathan,I just read this BTX article and you are half right; BTX will replace ATX but there will be both to deal with on its introduction, so some confusion will reign in the short term. It will be interesting to play with these motherboards.

I guess Intel was lenient enough to retain the present PowerSupply specifications for the BTX!I also noticed that the newly released Standard for ExpressCard (http://www.google.com/search?q=expressCard) is part of the specification!The EMI/EMC provisions for sensitive signal functions (such as Audio/Video requirements) donot appear to be real fortified but the PDF does stipulate some "grounding" elements for such, within some of the "chassis volumetric zones"!They must be serious about this BTX standard!