Your addicted to the forum if...

rolanaj

It is set as your homepage.You have read EVERY post.You know the regulars by their avatarsYou have to check the forum before you get your first cup of coffee You have to check the forum before you go to bedIt enters your daily conversation frequentlyAnyone care to add to this...

nlinecomputers

You skip all other email to read and goto your topic notifications.You waste 6 hours trying to get your new avatar "just right"When you goto other forums you post links back to this one.You are disapointed because 5 minutes have passed and you see no new posts yet.Meals, bathing, and sex all take lower priorites to reading this forum. (The lack of sex MIGHT be related to the lack of bathing ...) ;)

Someone hand me some tissues!Is it a disease?Am I addicted?Is it habitual?I must be hooked?Hey, it's cheaper than recreational drugs!It used to be that I kept thinking I had to get a new g/f with a name that did not end with the letters jpg or bmp! But now, I wish I could break this habit that ends with the letters sfnl!Just remember that "God does not deduct from our alloted lifespan for the time spent at SFNL forums."

It used to be that I kept thinking I had to get a new g/f with a name that did not end with the letters jpg or bmp!
:D :D good one, randomboxhow about:if your name appears in "Last Post By: " in all categories from the main page. :D if you search this forum first, and a google search 2ndif you can keep up with ALL the messages and threads in "All Things Linux"if you've managed to break all forum rules at least once, all by accident ;)

Hi...my name's Jeber...and I'm a SFNL forum addict.  :( Where are the cookies and coffee?
there are no cookies. firebird eats them. as for coffee, we just have mozilla-brand coffee.

LilBambi  Posted on Sep 10 2003, 02:24 PM Well, let me see I found the coffee ... but who's got the cookies now! LOL!Coffee CamI tried for the Cambridge one but of course they shut that down in 2001. Article below:Wired.com article: Farewell, Seminal Coffee Cam
I sure hate to disagree with you fran but I HAVE THE COFFEE SOLUTION HERE :rolleyes: :) :) :)P.S. Maybe we should start a support group for us addicts

Guest LilBambi

Hey George cool! You got a coffee pot personally on your site LOL!(It's may not the orginal Cambridge one ... they have a picture of the day it was shutdown on the Cambridge site where it used to be, but it sure looks like coffee to me! Probably cheaper than that coffee shop, too!)

Good job George now where do we order them, looks like just what I need while surfing SFNL, of course having a built in toaster oven to bake cookies would be kind of neat too?! :D :D

Rolana If those mean you are addicted to the forum then I am in trouble. It is 4 a.m. and I have been through the ATL forum and now checking out the rest of the forum. JeberI must be right in line behind you. I answer to Teach and I'm a SFNL forum addict. I'll pass on the cookies and go straight for the coffee please.

Yup, another coffee addict here. My latest purchase susbwmr.jpga USB coffeewarmer from the cyberguys. No it doesn't keep it real hot but the blue USB connector is cool, LOL.And here is a neat mod that someone made of a coffeemaker and computer.

Hi...my name's Jeber...and I'm a SFNL forum addict.  B) Where are the cookies and coffee?
That's right, I came to believe in a website greater than my own, and I made a decision to turn my will and my life over to the care of Scot's Forums and the moderators as best I can understand them. ;)

LOLShould we have Forum Readers Anonymous? I wouln't be surprized if there actually was one already ;)

a USB coffeewarmer from the cyberguys. No it doesn't keep it real hot but the blue USB connector is cool, LOL.
Sweet! ;) You know your addicted when you have a USB coffee warmer :)

See, if you hang around this forum long enough, all your questions will eventually be answered.

USB coffeewarmer from the cyberguys
I remember seeing this for sale and saying to myself, "who in the world would buy one of those?" Well, now I know. ;)

I have enjoyed teaching my various Windoze computers to predict radio propagation, design antennas, alert me almost instantaneously when some really rare country shows up on the airwaves, or to send and decode radioteletype and display it on my screen. But I would never entrust the sacred ritual of brewing the morning coffee to some ditzy machine. This must be done the old fashioned way- by hand, one cup at a time. (Anything over about 1 cup a day and I am on the ceiling)I never could get my HP printer to work reliably on a USB port, and ended up putting it on the slower parallel port. At least all my other USB devices behave themselves. It would be sacrilege to even symbolically assign the coffee brewing task to a USB port. If I were to design such a coffee warmer, it would run from a primitive RS-232 interface (serial port), and come with its own mock- 440VAC/ 3 phase electric service panel to plug into, along with all necessary dire warnings and disclaimers of responsibility. You know, "Danger- One Million Ohms!" and "Keep Back- Hardhat Area" and such. And of course a copy of that old mock-German technician's admonition:"Achtung! Das electroniken is nicht fer der non-technical nincompoopen......blowen fusen, poppencorken mit spitzen sparkzen......so relaxen und watchen das blinken lights!"(I need to search the net and find the complete text of that one) ;)

Guest LilBambi

Gee and I thought it was "outen ze lights" ;) Hmmm...gonna have to have a talk with my Dad about that one ... he obviously said it incorrectly in jest all those years! LOL!

Gee and I thought it was "outen ze lights"  ;) Hmmm...gonna have to have a talk with my Dad about that one ... he obviously said it incorrectly in jest all those years! LOL!
Well, Fran-Of course I had to go Google it right away. I found a jokes site with two different versions: Todd's Humor Archive Here is the version I best remembered:
ACHTUNG!!! Das machine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und corkenpoppen mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch das blinkenlights!!!
;)

...no matter which browser you're using; Internet Explorer, Mozilla (Windows), Mozilla (Linux), Firebird (Windows), Firebird (Linux), Opera (Windows), Opera (Linux), Galeon (Linux), Research Desk Web (Windows), Konqueror (Linux), all are set with SFNL forums as the home page.

...no matter which browser you're using; Internet Explorer, Mozilla (Windows), Mozilla (Linux), Firebird (Windows), Firebird (Linux), Opera (Windows), Opera (Linux), Galeon (Linux), Research Desk Web (Windows), Konqueror (Linux), all are set with SFNL forums as the home page.
Hmm, not a bad idea. Unfortunately, cheapskate here is also on dialup and likes the blank pages. :D But it is one of the first sites loaded and one of the few getting everyday visits here.

Hey, guys................come on now......................I've been in here 2 days and no one's posted a thing in all that time...........come on, come on.........................I need a fix.............................SOMEBODY POST SOMETHING!!!...........................I can't stand it..............AAARRGGggggggg :thumbsup: