Absolute Linux

V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

I'm downloading Absolute Linux right now. I'll install it over the defective Arch tomorrow and see what it's like. <_>

V.T. Eric Layton

Oooh, interesting! This will be my first experience with IceWM and ROX. Can't wait to install. :thumbsup:

Absolute is Slack based . . . you can't go wrong with that ! ( although I did read a review that the before-latest version was better then the latest one )I have tested Absolute 12.0.1 myself ( few years ago ) and was very very pleased with it :):thumbsup: Bruno

V.T. Eric Layton

I downloaded 12.2.25. They have a whole new package format for this version. Should be interesting. From the website:

Absolute 12.2.5 releasedFriday, 06/05/2009:New kernel, new package format, new pythonEvery single package has been at least re-packed, majority modified/updated. Interface updated along with kernel, python, packaging system which is now txz-based and due to higher compression the main release contains much more than previously: OpenOffice and Java, as well as many other applications now fit on a single CD.Pcmanfm and rox have both been modified to seamlessly work with the TXZ package archives as well as the new "Add/Remove Programs" item in root menu. New volume control (now in system tray, sleeker.) New theme, more complete file type handling.
I'm burning the CD now. Will install later today. Tired now. :thumbsup:

I'm downloading Absolute Linux right now. I'll install it over the defective Arch tomorrow and see what it's like. :)
crashdummy.jpgBack in the saddle again. I see. :thumbsup:

V.T. Eric Layton

Myeh... that review wasn't enough to scare me away. After all, these are just my experimental distributions. I'm not really worried about them being a little buggy.