PNG file format Avatars Not Supported

Scot

My apologies to all of you who attempted to upload a .PNG file format avatar to this board. It is possible to upload JPG and GIF avatars up to 20K. And in your My Controls > Edit Avatar Settings area on this board, it has indicated (in the past) that you could upload .PNG avatars. But due to a bug in the Invision Power Board 1.1.1 software, confirmed today by its developers, this functionality does not work. They hope to fix it for their 1.2 product, which is in early testing now.Linking to a PNG (or JPG, JPEG, GIF) avatar that is hosted on any Web server on the Internet (that allows this), is permitted. And it works fine.-- Scot

As the official spokesman for the United Conglomeration for the Pointless Support of the PNG Extension (the UCPSPNGE, pronunciation as spelled), I must protest this unfair treatment of the PNG file extension. JPG, JPEG, GIF; they get all the attention, all the use. Nobody even looks at poor little PNG Now here are the forums, another chance for PNG to find a use. But no, the current software doesn't like little PNG, won't let PNG play with JPEG, JPG and GIF. PNG is sad. PNG is suicidal. PNG winds up addicted to drugs, living under the freeway with his old buddy, BMP. Anyway, you will (or not) be hearing from our lawyers, as soon as they finish serving their current sentences. :rolleyes:

Guest ComputerBob

Jeber, I sure hope you look like your Jerry Rubin avatar, because some of your posts sure do make it seem that you would look like that. :rolleyes:

Jeber, I sure hope you look like your Jerry Rubin avatar, because some of your posts sure do make it seem that you would look like that.
Aaahhh, the mystery of the internet. You hide behind that computerbob image, but who really knows. Maybe...we look like each other!! :rolleyes:
your Jerry Rubin avatar
I was beginning to wonder if I was the only former hippy in these forums. Look how long it took someone to get it. 5 SFNL Credits for you, ComputerBob, useful for absolutely nothing know to man.

Guest ComputerBob
:rolleyes: Who's Jerry Rubin?Joy
He was a Hippie, a founding member of the Yippie movement, and a member of the Chicago Seven, who, if I remember correctly (I was a kid at the time) were prosecuted for conspiracy after they led protests outside (and inside) the 1968 Democratic National Convention in Chicago. I still remember seeing live coverage of Mayor Daley's riot police, in their baby blue helmets, beating protesters bloody with billy clubs.

Guest ComputerBob
You hide behind that computerbob image, but who really knows.  Maybe...we look like each other!!  :lol:
Jeber, I am your fah-thah. :ph34r:Think about it -- If I wanted to hide behind an image, why would I pick THAT one? :rolleyes:

Think about it -- If I wanted to hide behind an image, why would I pick THAT one?
Ah, but that's the beauty of your scheme. You foreign agents are well schooled in how to appear as normal, perhaps slightly nerdish, white males in their 30's. Like a ghost in the night. Normal; the perfect disguise!

Guest ComputerBob
Ah, but that's the beauty of your scheme.  You foreign agents are well schooled in how to appear as normal, perhaps slightly nerdish, white males in their 30's.  Like a ghost in the night.  Normal; the perfect disguise!
I foreign agent not. I 100% American. Baseball I like.

Dang it, Jeber ... you're killing me.
No lie. The man should do stand up. I have never laughed out loud so much on a computer as when reading his posts.Jeber, you, sir, are a stitch.And you add immeasurably to this place.-- Scot

Remember Hollywood Squares?Q: When you pat a dog on its head he will usually wag his tail.What will a goose do? A: Paul Lynde: Make him bark. (Stolen from a "watercooler" thread.)