Rebates! Rebates!

AbeL

I am still waiting on a $50 best buy rebate from 18 months ago. I call every 2 months or so and get told the exact same thing, "There was xyz problem and you should get it in 4 to 6 weeks". Yeah right. Never seen a rebate from MS on a wireless keyboard/mouse purchase almost 2 years ago. There have been 3 or 4 other times I have never seen the rebate over the last few years. My only solution for this is to no longer believe in rebates. I make my purchasing decisions based on what I am paying at the cash register now. The rebate price does not even get calculated in anymore.

I am still waiting on a $50 best buy rebate from 18 months ago. I call every 2 months or so and get told the exact same thing, "There was xyz problem and you should get it in 4 to 6 weeks". Yeah right. Never seen a rebate from MS on a wireless keyboard/mouse purchase almost 2 years ago. There have been 3 or 4 other times I have never seen the rebate over the last few years. My only solution for this is to no longer believe in rebates. I make my purchasing decisions based on what I am paying at the cash register now. The rebate price does not even get calculated in anymore.
Sorry to hear that. You need to escalate the issues. I have never not gotten a rebate but some take more work than others.Best Buy corporate office is at 7075 Flying Cloud Dr., Eden Prairie, MN 55344Main switchboard number is: 612 947-2000. Two names you can try to call are:Michael P. Keskey President — Best Buy Retail Stores Darren R. Jackson (CFO) You won't get either but will get an assistant. Explain your situation, tell them you are very upset and will never shop at Best Buy again unless your rebate gets processed and forwarded to you immediately.For MS, call the 800# customer service line and ask to speak to a manager.The squeaky wheel will always get the oil. Make sure you have all the docs available to support your cases.

I guess the summary of this whole topic are the following:1) Keep the box2) Read the rebate offer as would a lawyer!3) Scan and store all supporting documentation sent for the rebate!4) Better yet, avoid rebates if the cost of having to worry about it makes the rebate unworthy (~<$20 USD)!I have 5 WesternDigital SCSI (U160) HDDs that have served me well for the past few years (knock on wood)!Hope the bum WD HDD was just a fluke and the replacement serves you well!When the industry-wide warranty reductions went into effect a few years ago, some of the manufacturer representatives were quoted as saying that most of the problems with HDDs occur in the first ~30days from the purchase of the hardware!

I started this thread on 27 Aug, so Wed will be four weeks from the time I called the rebate center and was told 4 to 6 weeks for the check to arrive. They beat their forecast - the check arrived today!The faulty drive was replaced within a week, I hope it continues to operate as I've come to expect from WD - all seems well with the world. :thumbsup: