Firefox Extensions

V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

My Firefox extensions:Adblock Filterset.G UpdaterAdblock PlusAdd to Search BarBack to TopBBCodeXtraColorfulTabsCustom Buttons2DictionarySearchDNS PrefetchFlashblockLoadTimePageMouse Gestures RedoxSession ManagerSpeed DialTab Mix PlusTweak NetworkUnited States English DictionaryWizz RSS News Reader

securitybreach

Nothing like yours but here goes:Adblock Plus 1.0.2DownThemAll 1.1.2Greasemonkey 0.8.20090123.1 Experts-exchange Youtube without FlashReloadEvery 3.0.0Smark Bookmarks Bar 1.4.3SpeedDial 0.9.0.3Adblock.Filterset.G.Updater 0.3.1.3 (The Developer died so I do not how if this is maintained anymore?)

***OBSOLETE***The author of Filterset.G no longer maintains it, and the website it is hosted on is defunct. This add-on page is available for historical reasons only. Please use Adblock Plus with one of its recommended subscriptions instead.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1136Thanks Edited by securitybreach

V.T. Eric Layton

Doublepost and OOPS... I couldn't find those in the extension list at Firefox's website. :thumbsup:

Have to try OOPS too. :thumbsup: Here's mine:Adblock Plus 1.0.2Fire GesturesFlashGotNoSquintPDF DownloadPersonal MenuStop-Or-Reload ButtonTweak NetworkUsed to have 22 but you know how the economy is. Took a bit longer to load.Also use the beautiful Phoenity Reborn theme. :D

I'm using:* Auto Shutdown - InBasic (at my Linux installation. For turning off the PC, after a long download (eg. an entire DVD, like openSuse). ). At XP, I'm using for it Orbit downloader.* CustomizeGoogle. (for.....customizing Google). :hysterical: * Flagfox (for locating where the server is).* Forecastbar Enhanced (for weather forecast).* Foxclocks (for geting times arround the world. Α friend of mine is captain, so I'm using it, before phoning him.).* GooglePreview (for adding previews at Google search).* Session Manager.* Toolbar Buttons.* WOT (Web of trust).* An English-Greek spelling dictionary.* Some search engines (Google, Wikipedia, SF.NET, YouTube, IMDB, some torrent trackers (Pirate Bay, Mininova), filext (at XP only), and Softpedia (Romanian) (at XP only) since it has a download mirror at my neighborhood).I'm going now to test all the addons you suggested! B)

1. Cookie Culler2. noscript - IMHO, no FF install should be without it ***3. WOT4. PDF download5. Stop or ReloadAnd on the computers that I don't have the paid AdMuncher, Adblock+*** after reading about all the nonsense that went on the beginning of May, I no longer feel the way I did when I posted this.

Edited by zlim

Generated: Wed Apr 29 2009 14:01:36 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.10) Gecko/2009042316 Firefox/3.0.10 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)Build ID: 2009042316Enabled Extensions: [26]- 2 Pane Bookmarks 0.5.2009021401- Adblock Plus 1.0.2- Adblock Plus: Element Hiding Helper 1.0.5- BBCodeXtra 0.2.5.6- CoLT 2.4.3- CuteMenus - Crystal SVG 1.9.3- Download Statusbar 0.9.6.4- Flagfox 3.3.11- Get Mail Plus 3.2- Java Console 6.0.13- Menu Editor 1.2.6- Microsoft .NET Framework Assistant 1.1- Move Media Player 1.0.0.071101000055- MR Tech Toolkit 6.0.3.3- NoScript 1.9.2- Paste Quote 0.3.3- PopupSound 0.1.5- Smiley Xtra 4.1.1- Stylish 0.5.9- Tab Mix Plus 0.3.7.4pre.090107- Targeted Advertising Cookie Opt-Out (TACO) 1.6- Toolbar Buttons 0.6.0.5- Tweak Network 1.2- Unhide Passwords 1.2.4- View Cookies 1.9- WebMail Notifier 1.2.1Installed Themes: [2]- Default- Noia 2.0 (eXtreme) 3.61Installed Plugins: (12)- Adobe Acrobat: nppdf32.dll- Java Platform SE 6 U13: npdeploytk.dll- Microsoft Office Live Plug-in for Firefox: npOLW.dll- Move Media Player: npmnqmp071101000055.dll- Mozilla Default Plug-in: npnul32.dll- RealPlayer Version Plugin: nprpjplug.dll- RealPlayer G2 LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In (32-bit) : nppl3260.dll- Shockwave Flash: NPSWF32.dll- Shockwave for Director: np32dsw.dll- Silverlight Plug-In: npctrl.dll- Windows Live® Photo Gallery: NPWLPG.dll- Windows Presentation Foundation: NPWPF.dll

Extensions:ColorZilla 2.02Firebug 1.3.3FireGPG 0.75Greasemonkey 0.8.20090123.1Microsoft .NET Framework Assistan 1.0Personas for Firefox 1.0RealPlayer Browser Record Plugin 1.0Web Developer 1.1.6

I find that the more I add, the longer it takes for Fx to start up. I try to keep them at a minimum.1) Ad Block plus2) Colorful tabs3) TabMix Plus4) FlashGot5) Flash video downloader

I find that the more I add, the longer it takes for Fx to start up. I try to keep them at a minimum.
Exactly. That's why I cut down from 22 to 8 favorites.

I find that the more I add, the longer it takes for Fx to start up. I try to keep them at a minimum.1) Ad Block plus2) Colorful tabs3) TabMix Plus4) FlashGot5) Flash video downloader
I have 26 extensions and I do not notice any lag in Fx opening at all. Maybe it depends of what extenstions you are using.. B)

V.T. Eric Layton

That is the case, Gary. Some extensions are not "active". They just install buttons or other inane stuff that doesn't slow down start up. I never liked FF or TB when I was running Windows. However, I found that both apps LOVE the Linux environment. Nowadays, I wouldn't think of using any other apps for these chores.

That is the case, Gary. Some extensions are not "active". They just install buttons or other inane stuff that doesn't slow down start up. I never liked FF or TB when I was running Windows. However, I found that both apps LOVE the Linux environment. Nowadays, I wouldn't think of using any other apps for these chores.
When I was running Linux, Firefox and Thunderbird were always on every distro I used. I removed IE 8 from Win 7. :)

• 3 weeks later...
V.T. Eric Layton

Stay-Open Menus --> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/6459Don't you hate it when you're trying to drag a new bookmark from the tab or the address bar to the Bookmarks pulldown menu and the darn thing wont stay open long enough for you to drop the mark into it. Well, the above extension solves that annoyance admirably. Give it a shot. You'll like it. :)Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

I haveconsole2fireftpweb developerI don't use firefox that much. I prefer operabut the main reason I use firefox is fireftp when I need to upload files to one of my web sitesand occasionnally when I test my css code and see how it displays in various browsersI haveconsole2fireftpweb developerI don't use firefox that much. I prefer operabut the main reason I use firefox is fireftp when I need to upload files to one of my web sitesand occasionally when I test my css code and see how it displays in various browsers

Guest LilBambi

I have different extension toolsets on different OSes but the ones that are pretty much standards are:Adblock PlusColorZillaFlashblockNoScriptPDF DownloadWeb DeveloperWOT (Web of Trust)Of course, I have 3-6 different browsers on each OS and use them for different things.

• 1 month later...
V.T. Eric Layton

I just updated to 3.5, so a few of my extensions broke. No biggie. I found workarounds or updates or totally new ones to serve the same purposes. Here's my updated list:Adblock PlusAdd to Search BarBBCodeXtraBack to TopBriefColorfulTabsCustom Buttons2DictionarySearchExtended StatusbarFireGesturesFlashblockPersonasSession ManagerSpeed DialStay-Open MenuTab Mix PlusTweak NetworkUnited States English Dictionary