Ralph2

HelloPerhaps it is designed that way? But once I log in should I then not then be logged in to do what ever where ever? Just new here but,,,, I responded to a e-mail notification, did not log in via my "cookie" (?), perhaps because I clicked the link instead of the bookmark. Read the response and wanted to reply. Had to log in..... fair enough but, it opens me at the start of the forum. This is confusing as now I need to find that thread again. Log in should open where I initiated it..... Then, I went to another tread I had started and wanted to resond to that one.... now I had to re-log in and again start at the begining... But to start this thread the last log in seems to have stuck.Ralph

Guest LilBambi
HelloPerhaps it is designed that way? But once I log in should I then not then be logged in to do what ever where ever? Just new here but,,,, I responded to a e-mail notification, did not log in via my "cookie" (?), perhaps because I clicked the link instead of the bookmark. Read the response and wanted to reply. Had to log in..... fair enough but, it opens me at the start of the forum. This is confusing as now I need to find that thread again. Log in should open where I initiated it..... Then, I went to another tread I had started and wanted to resond to that one.... now I had to re-log in and again start at the begining... But to start this thread the last log in seems to have stuck.Ralph
Hi Ralph -- I know you mentioned you were using Netscrappy ... Sounds like you might be having a cookie problem in your browser??I use IE 6.x and have never had to re-login since I told the Forum/Board to remember me when I logged in the first time.And it always seems to go right to the Topic I click on in the emails I receive about posts to Topics.If you can use IE 6.x ... I am using the following cookie settings:File|Tools|Internet OptionsPrivacy TabAdvanced ButtonCheck check box: Override Automatic Cookie HandlingFirst Part Cookies: Accept radio buttonThird Party Cookies: Block radio buttonCheck check box: Allow session CookiesYou might like to check out this Topic Thread where we got into some of the cookie issues with Forums a bit :D Hope this helps a bit.

The truth is that while turning off cookies works, your user experience is greatly enhanced by allowing this forum's cookie to be on and in use.I have not yet posted a privacy statement, but let me assure you that the cookies here are being used for nothing other than facilitating the convenience of recognizing you and where you've been on the forums. It's the cookie that helps the forum decide what forums you've been in, what you've read and haven't, whether posts are new since you visited last, and so on. A lot of those niceties go away without it.Hope this helps.-- Scot