Email notification of posts

ibe98765

I see this all the time, decided to document it now.Why does it take so long to have IPB send out email notfications of posts in threads that you are subscribed to?This morning, ThunderRiver made a post in http://www.scotsnewsletter.com/forums/inde...t=ST&f=3&t=2181 at 5:45am (I don't know if this time is adjusted for the viewers timezone). I received email notification of the post at 7:54pm PDT, which is at least an 11-12 hour delay. Are these notifications batched or something?

SonicDragon

It is possible that it is your ISP also. Sometimes ISPs get more mail than they can handle and get a little backed up. But it's very possible that it could be the server that the forum is on too. Or a IPB prob.Could it also be a time-zone problem too?

It is possible that it is your ISP also. Sometimes ISPs get more mail than they can handle and get a little backed up. But it's very possible that it could be the server that the forum is on too. Or a IPB prob.Could it also be a time-zone problem too?
It's not my ISP. All my email comes through quickly.

A couple of examples from today:-------------------------------http://www.scotsnewsletter.com/forums/inde...t=ST&f=6&t=2184Marsden11 Posted: Aug 6 2003, 10:44 PM I received notification on this post at 7:39am----------------------------------------------------------http://www.scotsnewsletter.com/forums/inde...t=ST&f=6&t=2242SonicDragon Posted: Aug 6 2003, 05:21 PM I received notification on this post at 3:11am

Suggestions?
Yea...quit being so lazy and expecting software to do all your work for you! Get yourself in here several times a day, in person, if you want to be kept up on all the latest.OK, I'm kidding...but I always wanted to say something rude like that. B) Actually, there seem to be a number of bugs coming to light lately on this and another IPB board...and I have to wonder if they're the kind of problems the new version corrects. But Scot and Josh are both giving the new version a little time before thet jump into a complex upgrade. Like so many upgrades, it's often better to look before you leap.If that's not it, I'm stumped. If I recall correctly, the last time we had a problem with a member not getting notified properly, we couldn't get the problem to replicate, so we never could figure out what was going on.Sorry. :(

Hi Jeber,It is kind of wierd. If I post something in a topic, I get a reply. But nothing when something is posted in the forums. Hope this helps.And yes, I will surf the site to find topics of interest. B) Thanks.