Win 7 Rocks

Gary

It is a great deal better than Vista in too many ways to say. The look is almost like Linux. Some Screen shots:1.png3.jpg2.jpg2zqg19i.jpg

7057.0.090305-2000_x86fre_client_en-us_Retail_Ultimate-GB1CULFRER_EN_DVDMD5 2a3863afe3453d1be642201fd3260ab2CRC E34E099B CRC E34E099BSHA1 0f32dfe92d544f4690ab91c02b59dba665d4ca0f SHA1 0f32dfe92d544f4690ab91c02b59dba665d4ca0f
These are all from Windows 7 Build 7057 which is a great deal better than the Public Beta 7000 was. The First image shows what is in each version. Edited by Gary

It is a great deal better than Vista in too many ways to say. The look is almost like Linux. Some Screen shots:ss1.pngA New System Restore Feature:ss3.pngThe Drives look the same as Vista.ss2-1.pngIt is faster and I had no problems with any driver issues. My printer and scanner even work.
I get an error trying to install when it attempts to extract files. Is there a way to check the .iso for errors?

I get an error trying to install when it attempts to extract files. Is there a way to check the .iso for errors?
check the SHA1 of your .iso fileThe details of the DVD ISO image available for download form MSDN and Technet are:Windows 7 Beta (x64) - DVD (English)File Name: en_windows_7_beta_dvd_x64_x15-29074.isoDate Posted (UTC): 12/30/2008 4:26:48 PMSHA1: E09FDBC1CB3A92CF6CC872040FDAF65553AB62A5ISO/CRC: 8E2FAD39Windows 7 Beta (x86) - DVD (English)File Name: en_windows_7_beta_dvd_x86_x15-29073.isoDate Posted (UTC): 12/22/2008 2:41:15 PMSHA1: 6071184282B2156FF61CDC5260545C078CCA31EEISO/CRC: AABA5A48

The MD5 Checksum I guess or just re download it.

The SHA-1 and CRC both check correct on the .iso file so I guess I'll try burning another DVD.
If you're using Nero, it needs to be burned as a DVD-ROM (UDF). I installed the 64 bit last night with no problems. This is the first time I've ever installed a MS O/S and had the O/S recognize and install the drivers for the video card (ATI HD4870). I'm impressed! And I agree with Gary, it Rocks! :thumbsup:

Try a slower record speed.
I booted to Ubuntu and used k3b to burn the .iso and I'm now posting from Win 7. Haven't had time to play with it yet but so far so good. Lost my boot loader but that was pretty much expected. No big deal. Edited by lewmur

Working great so far. Everything seems to work except my Online Armor firewall, but then again like all things MS, by the time they release on disk I'm expecting it to be fully FUBAR.A neat little tool for checking hash is "Summer Properties 1.2" from here {codes-sources.com} (http://translate.google.ca/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&u=http://logiciel.codes-sources.com/logiciels/SummerProperties-180.aspx&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=3&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3DSummerProperties%2B1.2%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26hs%3DLUX) translated from the french page "It is a tool that adds a page to the properties of (s) file (s) and file (s) in which he said the CRC16, CRC32, MD5 and SHA1 of the selection, allowing to determine whether two files in the same size are actually clones or if they have some differences between them."Also, try burnibg with ISO Recorder (v2 for XP/v3 for Vista)

Edited by lblackwolf

Grabbed the 64bit while asleep...full speed ahead later today after i clean up a drive for it.Thanx.
I have installed both the 64 bit and the 32 bit version. The 64 bit version seems to use much more memory and IE8 is glacially slow.I have presently a multiboot setup with XP at the beginning of my drive with Win 7 32 bit installed at the end of my drive.In the middle I have four linux distros with Grub installed in Ubuntu Hardy. Prior to installing Win 7 my /boot/grub/menu.lst file in hardy had a chainload entry at the top to allow booting XP. After Win 7 install my MBR had been changed and replaced with the Wi 7 bootloader, no entries for my Linux installs. Using the Super Grub CD I restored my Gnu/Linux bootloader.The neat thing is this, when I boot up I am presented with my initial Grub menu including the XP chainload entry but when I click on the XP entry I get the Win 7 bootloader where I can choose between XP and Win 7. Cool!Nice integration, it's almost like the devs were anticipating us linux users.I very much like what I see so far. Win 7, on my machine at least, is very stable and responsive. Works with almost all of my hardware. The only thing that doesn't work is my built-in Texas Instruments SD card reader.Boot time is about 48 seconds about 20 seconds faster than my XP install and a little quicker than my various linux distros.I just might have to buy Win 7 after it goes final.

I booted to Ubuntu and used k3b to burn the .iso and I'm now posting from Win 7. Haven't had time to play with it yet but so far so good. Lost my boot loader but that was pretty much expected. No big deal.
Lew, before installing Win 7 were you dualbooting XP or Vista with Ubuntu?If so use the Super Grub CD to restore your old Grub bootloader, the new menu will have your XP/Vista entry. Clicking on this will take you to the Win 7 menu page. The Linux entries will work as before.