Setting mouse

Finlay

Hallo, i have a very good mouse logitech MX Revolution that i like very much so that I have bought another equal. I have bought the second because, since some weeks, the first makes sometimes the double click with the left button instead of the single click. The problem now is that I have to change the usb receiver too (it seems they are not compatible each other) but doing this all the Logitech SetPoint setting will reset. I was arguing if there is a way to export the SetPoint settings and import again with the new mouse; it would be a useful backup for the future in case of Pc or mouse changing or variuos problems. I could write them on a paper and insert again but it's long and unconfortable because there are a lot of button with a lot of function. Is anyone of you able to import-export the setting? Thank you

Edited by Finlay

:hysterical: I see I've responded in the Mac forum so maybe none of what I've posted applies!Here is the latest version of Setpointhttp://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/428/130&...=671&osid=1It appears pretty new 2 December 2008 so it should probably be on any computer where you attach either Logitech MX Revolution.NOTE: Apparently this version will not install on XP SP3.http://forums.logitech.com/logitech/board/...thread.id=18463There is a link in that thread to download setpoint 4.6Instead of writing everything down on paper, Take screenshots and print out the information.I do not know if there is a way to import your setpoint settings but I will look at the logitech forum http://forums.logitech.com/logitech/ for information.Here is what I foundhttp://forums.logitech.com/logitech/board/...age.id=352#M352
...only work if imported to the same version of LCC
LCC is Logitech Control Center. Edited by zlim

Hallo, i have a very good mouse logitech MX Revolution that i like very much so that I have bought another equal. I have bought the second because, since some weeks, the first makes sometimes the double click with the left button instead of the single click. The problem now is that I have to change the usb receiver too (it seems they are not compatible each other) but doing this all the Logitech SetPoint setting will reset. I was arguing if there is a way to export the SetPoint settings and import again with the new mouse; it would be a useful backup for the future in case of Pc or mouse changing or variuos problems. I could write them on a paper and insert again but it's long and unconfortable because there are a lot of button with a lot of function. Is anyone of you able to import-export the setting? Thank you __________________You have never see christmas gift ideas like these? (geschenk on german)
I Finlay, welcome to our forum.First of all, can I ask you why you did not get the first one replaced under warranty? Usually Logitech's customer support (from what I hear) is very accommodating and they might have replaced your defective one. You say it's double clicking and instead of single click? Did you by chance look in the mouse software setting? I don't use Mac OS but I recall there was a setting to change all that if I'm not mistaken.Secondly, the receiver base for the wireless mouse should be on the same frequency for all MX Revolution mice - I'm surprised that you found them incompatible. Do you have a wireless keyboard that you are also using with this setup?
Is anyone of you able to import-export the setting?
I own a wireless mouse and keyboard set (Logitech MX 700) and I don't ememember any such setting in the Setpoint software. Edited by Tushman

I have a small child who may have dropped the mousei go to see LCC settings on the logitech forum...meanwhile thanksbyeps. you can not then?

Edited by Finlay

Guest LilBambi

Welcome to the forums Finlay. :)I do not have a Logitech mouse but generally speaking, on the Mac, the settings for software are generally located in the ~/Library area. (~/ means under your user account. Possibly under ~/Library/Application Support.Find the Logitech area under the Library folder, and see if you can see the settings for setpoint.One notation. If the new mouse has the newer setpoint, you may not be able to import the old setpoint settings.Hmm, just found this on MacRumors Forum:

... on the Mac it's called LCC - Logitech Control Center.i don't know why many people don't like it and opt for third party ***** but it runs perfectly for me. I've used it on many logitech products like MX laser, dinovo bluetooth, MX Rev, VX nano, G7 etcby the way the newest version was just release less than a week agohttp://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/494/3129&cl=us,en
Hope that helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Tangentially, perhaps, since I'm not offering any help, I own three of the smaller version of the MX Revolution, the Logitech VX Revolution. I adore this mouse and it works much better on the Mac than the Microsoft mice I've been using for years. I've had zero problems with this mouse, one of which I've had for three years. There's no receiver base station. It requires batteries, which is perhaps the only downside to this mouse.One of the advantages of the VX is that it manages to pull-off the perfect compromise between desktop and travel mouse. It's a bit smaller than most mice, but it doesn't feel small in the palm of your hand. And while it's not a true travel size mouse, it's small enough that I tote it on longer trips when I expect to be doing lots of desk work.I'm getting ready to buy a fourth instance of this mouse because -- even though I have several other wireless mice, including ones the size of the MX Revolution -- my wife and kids fight over the VX Revolutions we've got.Another thing I don't like is the price: $70 on the Logitech site. I got my last one for $50 from Tiger Direct when they had a sale. (After I posted this message, I found it at that price on Amazon.com and B&H Photo Video.)It's not often that I like a product as well as I like this one -- especially for the Mac.Now if I could just find an external keyboard for the Mac that I liked as well. I'm still searching for the perfect Microsoft Natural Elite-style (split angled) keyboard with Mac-specific keys -- and without a lot of junky function-specific custom keys that require you to install a driver. The old Apple keyboards qualified, but the new aluminum keyboard does not.-- Scot

Edited by Scot

Guest LilBambi

Hi Scot, great to see you. I love my wireless mouse (Kensington Desktop which has both a mouse and keyboard), but I too do not like the fact that they take so many batteries over time, or that you have to keep changing out rechargables.Recently, a friend moved to the Mac (at my encouragement) and I suggested she get a Macally Keyboard and mouse (wired) and she loves them. I am seriously thinking of moving to that same setup for keyboard and mouse.I hope the locations earlier noted were of help Findlay.