A couple of questions about MDV 2009

SueD

Upgrade went flawlessly and I'm pretty happy with most everything. However, got a couple of questions (there may be more coming...I haven't explored everything yet).How do I find the KDE Control Centre without going through the Desktop Settings Wizard?I'd really like to have my Home folder back on my panel like before. Where's my little house gone and how do I get it back?

How do I find the KDE Control Centre without going through the Desktop Settings Wizard?
Supposing that after the upgrade you are using KDE 3.5, here is how to get the KDE Control Center: Press Alt+F2 and type "kcontrol" in the run-box.You can also make a menu entry or an icon on the taskbar for it . . . see next answer to see how.
I'd really like to have my Home folder back on my panel like before. Where's my little house gone and how do I get it back?
Again, only in KDE 3.5 ( in KDE 4.1 it is possible too but it takes a different approach ): Rightclick on the taskbar and choose from the context menu "Add application to the panel" --> "Add non-kde application" . . you will get a pop-up window, fill in "Button Title" = "home", "Executable" = "konqueror --profile filemanagement", next set the icon, the old /home icon can be found here: /usr/share/icons/crystalsvg/32x32/apps/home-mdk.pngThe same can be done for the KDE Control Center . . . executable "kcontrol" and icon in /usr/share/icons/:thumbsup: Bruno