A couple of important utilities

Eggdog

I recently got a new laptop with Vista preinstalled. About a week later, I went online and ordered a whole bunch of Linux Live CDs. Four of them seem to work as planned, moreless. I'll know more in a few days, but all in all it's been a happy experience.Anyway, I have two showstopper applications that I'm not sure can be duplicated in Linux.One is As-U-Type, a text expander. Think of it as OpenOffice's Autocorrect, but stronger and more customizable, and even more importantly, available no matter what application I'm in. My guess is that there is no direct equivalent in Linux, but I'd love to be proved wrong.The other is Macro Express, a script utility that allows me to do interesting things with hotkeys. For instance, [Alt]-[4] copies the last four words I've typed to the clipboard. [Alt]-[5] converts a line of text to all lowercase. There are a number of variants of this for Windows. What's important is that it be application-independent and allows quite a number of hotkeys.I have to type some pretty obscure stuff for work, some of which I really don't want to have to type twice. I also have to be fast, and good. I also have to use Web forms, which explains the need for application independence; I used to do all this in WordPerfect, but now they want us on their servers.So is there stuff like As-U-Type and Macro Express for Linux?Thanks!