xine check errors

laan97ac

laan97ac@laan97ac-laptop:~$ xine-checkPlease be patient, this script may take a while to run...[ good ] you're using Linux, doing specific tests[ good ] looks like you have a /proc filesystem mounted.[ good ] You seem to have a reasonable kernel version (2.6.20-16-generic)[ good ] intel compatible processor, checking MTRR support[ good ] you have MTRR support and there are some ranges set.[ hint ] multiple xine executables found I have found multiple xine executables on your machine: /usr/bin/xine /usr/X11R6/bin/xine xine is the main player as installed by the xine-ui package. You should probably uninstall the instances you don't use... press <enter> to continue...[ good ] /usr/bin/xine is in your PATH[ hint ] No xine-config found. Assuming xine from Debian package The xine-config script can be used to determine some file locations used by xine-lib, but you don't have such a script on your system. However, it looks like you installed xine from the Debian packages. So I'll just guess that you are using the standard locations. If you want me to be sure about those file locations, you can install the 'libxine-dev' package, which contains xine-config. However, this package is not really needed to run xine... press <enter> to continue...[ good ] plugin directory /usr/lib/xine/plugins exists.[ good ] found unknown plugin: *.so[OUCH!!] There are no input plugins. xine needs at least one input plugin, but none is installed. You should probably reinstall xine-lib... press <enter> to continue...[OUCH!!] There are no demux plugins. xine needs at least one demux plugin, but none is installed. You should probably reinstall xine-lib... press <enter> to continue...[OUCH!!] There are no decoder plugins. xine needs at least one decoder plugin, but none is installed. You should probably reinstall xine-lib... press <enter> to continue...[OUCH!!] There are no video_out plugins. xine needs at least one video_out plugin, but none is installed. You should probably reinstall xine-lib... press <enter> to continue...[OUCH!!] There are no audio_out plugins. xine needs at least one audio_out plugin, but none is installed. You should probably reinstall xine-lib... press <enter> to continue...[ good ] skin directory /usr/share/xine/skins exists.[ good ] found logo in /usr/share/xine/skins[ good ] I even found some skins.[ good ] /dev/cdrom points to /dev/scd0[ good ] /dev/dvd points to /dev/scd0[ hint ] Your DVD drive seems not to be attached via ATAPI. This might be due to the use of an ide-scsi emulation. If you really have a SCSI DVD drive, your SCSI controller is likely to do perfect DMA, so there's no reason to worry about this. However, if you're using ide-scsi, there is a chance that DMA is disabled for the DVD drive. Moreover, I don't know how to enable DMA in that case, so you probably have to live with some performance loss. (FIXME: check for /proc/ide, provide solution) press <enter> to continue...[ good ] found xvinfo: X-Video Extension version 2.2[ good ] your Xv extension supports YV12 overlays (improves MPEG performance)[ good ] your Xv extension supports YUY2 overlays[ good ] Xv ports: YUY2 UYVY YV12 I420what to do?

I have found multiple xine executables on your machine: /usr/bin/xine /usr/X11R6/bin/xine xine is the main player as installed by the xine-ui package. You should probably uninstall the instances you don't use...
How come you have multiple instances of Xine on your computer ? Is this on Ubuntu ? How did you install Xine and Xine-ui ? And finally, is there a package called Xine-plugins available in Ubuntu ?<_< Bruno

In Debian, using the standard Xine package works just fine, at least since Etch. You really wouldn't need to compile it if that's what you did. It keeps suggesting reinstalling xine-lib. I would uninstall all of them and then use the Ubuntu package manager, whatever that is, to install it. xine-lib is xine. xine-ui would be one of many graphical frontends for it.