xmms launches too slow

cybormoron

i like to use streamtuner which in turn uses xmms to play radio stations. in mandriva 2006 free this used to launch in 1 or 2 seconds and connect to the radio station meaning i could browse radio stations just like spinning a dial. in mandriva 2007 one it is taking 30 seconds to launch xmms for each station or connection. i've tried reinstalling every plugin, library, etc related to streamtuner, xmms, gtk, gstreamer, etc to no avail. i've also thoroughly been thru all preferences but can't find the right setting. is there a way to get xmms to launch faster? perhaps deleting the .xmms folder in home?http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/2659/xmms...ieoogie1ou6.jpg

Hi CyborThere is a clone of XMMS called Audacious . . . . . looks the same, feels the same, works the same, has even the same skins. The difference is that it starts up faster.In fact Audacious is the replacement of the abandoned ( by devs ) XMMS. ;)Audacious is available in the MCC ;):hysterical: Bruno

%q probably means that it needs to open the tool with a selected file loaded :)Yep "audacious" is the command to start Audacious :hysterical: ;) Bruno

Is there any hope of getting this going in PCLOS 0.93?I'm trying to complile from source and not having much luck at it.
I think PCLos 93 still uses a good version of XMMS . . . . . . and expect the PCLos 94 to have it replaced by Audacious . . . . ;):hmm: Bruno

XMMS and Streamtuner work fine in PCLOS 0.93. This was just an exercise to see if I could get it going../configure complained at first about a couple of libraries that were missing, libglade and libmcs. I managed to get those going so that ./configure was happy.When I type make, it runs for a minute or two and then I see

...		CC	 utf16.c		CC	 util.c	  LINK	 libaudid3tag.sorm -f br.gmo && : -c --statistics -o br.gmo br.pomv: cannot stat `t-br.gmo': No such file or directorymake[2]: *** [br.gmo] Error 1make[1]: *** [stamp-po] Error 2make: *** [build] Error 2

I'm lost at this point. Google wasn't any help either.

mv: cannot stat `t-br.gmo': No such file or directory
Sorry, that one is new to me . . . . . . it says it wants to move t-br.gmo but it can not find the t-br.gmo. Maybe an error in the "make" file ?:o Bruno