Coincidence that 3 forums non-operational?

JerryM

Certainly it could be a coincidence, but Wilders, Castle Cops, and F-Prot AV forums are all down. I hope we are not experiencing an all out attack such as this forum experienced not too long ago.I suspect it is a coincidence.Jerry

If there was a DDoS attack, it certainly was a short burst. The first two ones are running as of this posting, and have not posted announcements confirming anything yet.

Hi Jim. I've had this one here for some time now. It's a bit grainier than the TEG (JPEG) avatar, but the only file (GIF) I could upload here due to board restrictions on JPEG files as avatars. The previous one was also used over there before you joined TEG.

this is NOT B) but as I went to CastleCops yesterday, I noticed a slight discussion about attacks to them, yet I had no problems logging into the CC::Forums for my previous search for some discussions on AntiVirus. Maybe I was the lucky few that was able to get in!

Guest LilBambi

Glad to see they are back up and running! :thumbsup:It's sad that these things happen to good people's forums that are just trying to help the end user combat this crap. :(Spoke too soon ... they may be under attack again? Just says connecting when I try to get to CastleCops ....

Glad to see they are back up and running! :thumbsup:It's sad that these things happen to good people's forums that are just trying to help the end user combat this crap. :(Spoke too soon ... they may be under attack again? Just says connecting when I try to get to CastleCops ....
I cannot get it to load. It times out for me.It is a real shame that some get enjoyment from hurting others.Regards,Jerry

I got in at CC about 20 minutes ago and stayed about 15 minutes reading about the DDos attack. The site is running very slow, but works. Paul said he is going to a beefier system soon. It truly is a shame as that is a great site run by very good people.