Opinions

Denali

I'd like to get feedback from other Forumers (?) about Hardware and software that they like or dislike and start a topic where inquiries can be made to solicit opinions on products we are interested in but haven't made a final decision about.

I'm getting pretty serious about purchasing an LCD monitor.At this point I'm pretty much zeroed in on a Sceptre 19-Inch X9g Komodo Flat Panel.Does anyone have one? Has anyone had any experience with Sceptre monitors?What LCD would you purchase if you were me?Thanks, in advance, for your feedback. :rolleyes: Denali

Guest LilBambi

Denali --Welcome to the Forums!You can start a discussion about any specific piece of hardware or hardware type in general here in the Hardware Forum.Software discussions are over in the Software Forum.Just start a topic within one of these as appropriate for whatever specific item you'd like opinions on. Among all the SFNL members, at least one person will have some experience in the area you are interested in.You can also start a poll on the topic as well. If you need help ... feel free to PM myself or any Moderator .. we will help in any way we can :rolleyes:

What LCD would you purchase if you were me?Thanks, in advance, for your feedback. :rolleyes: Denali
Samsung 172T. Probably the best in its class according to most reviews and one of my friends bought one. It is absolutely gorgeoous. Plus, Samsung has historically made some of the best quality monitors on the market.

SonicDragon

Welcome to the forums! I don't have that monitor, but i've been using the flat panel that came with my Gateway and i have no complaints :rolleyes:

software that they like or dislike
We have a "Software Hall of Fame" and a "Software Hall of Shame" in the software forum. Feel free to jump in there ;)

Welcom to the forums Denali!Here is a string that discussed the LCD vs CRT that may be of assistance.http://www.scotsnewsletter.com/forums/inde...t=ST&f=22&t=818IMHO I use an LCD work and a CRT for my gaming. I love the LCD for work because of the low heat output. I got the CRT based on $$. I wanted a bigger/better monitor for gaming and the flat panels were beyond my gaming budget.